276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Echo

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And the lesson is great too: you must be brave to make friends, and it is not easy to overcome fears, but it is so worth it! I didn't go in expecting very much, but I came out loving the book for the way echoes were personified. Skillfully told, the book feels like a bedtime story composed in the moment, with just the right amount of description to seem spontaneous. Her fortitude saves him from the grasp of a salivating bear and is the catalyst of an endearing friendship. Witty, digitally rendered vignettes portray youngsters diverse in terms of race and ability (occasionally with pets looking on) dealing with everything from friendship drama to a nerve-wracking footrace.

From a stunning new author-illustrator comes a debut picture book celebrating friendship, courage and finding your own voice. She finds him interesting and follows him and has a fun time helping him and even finds her own voice for the first time. I like the way Max and Little Echo accept each other and work together--as any good adventure team would.Little Echo wants to talk, wants to go on adventures, and wants to be included, but she's too shy to do anything but echo.

BookPage is a recommendation guide for readers, highlighting the best new books across all genres as chosen by our editors.

I rarely read children's novels but the illustration and the title caught my eye that I just had to request for it!

Just because you’re nice, / doesn’t mean you can’t get mean” depicts the older one berating the younger one for tracking mud into the house. It is too afraid to show itself and would only echo behind any sounds made by other creatures living in the cave.Still, their bonding makes for a cozier resolution than the tragic lack of one in the classic “Echo and Narcissus” myth. A genuinely charming story of a little boy playing in a cave, and the small echo who wanted to play too--instead of just echoing. Now that I have my very own copy, I’m so excited to be able to share my thoughts about it with the world. He studied children's book illustration at Cambridge School of Art and received the 2019 Sebastian Walker Prize. In 2019, I was lucky enough to go to the Cambridge School of Art exhibition for the MA course in Children’s Book Illustration, where Al Rodin won the Sebastian Walker Award.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment