276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Microplane 4-Sided Box Grater

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The three photo- etched, razor-sharp blades : ultra-coarse, ribbon and fine- Made in USA – giving you an efficient and effective way to effortlessly grate and zest citrus fruits, ginger, parmesan, spices, garlic , coconut, onions, apples, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, chocolate, soft and hard cheese, cucumber and many more according to your cooking wishes. I’ve been using a Microplane rasp-style grater for zesting lemons and grating nutmeg for years, so it didn’t surprise me when the Microplane 4-Sided Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Box Grater performed like a champ. Unlike traditional stamped-style models, the blades for this grater are etched into the metal using a chemical process that creates super-sharp edges. That allowed this grater to perform above-average on all four sides. The fine holes resulted in beautifully zested lemons and a pile of airy, fluffy Parmesan, whereas the coarse holes gave us long strands of mozzarella and potato shreds that made the best latkes in the group. In addition to the multiple sides, graters also come in two styles: stamped and etched. The stamped models represent the tools of our childhood, with rigid grating surfaces stamped into stainless steel. These holes protrude out from the side of the grater, catching food in their wide holes and forcing them over the cutting surface. They’re generally very efficient on the coarse side and horribly annoying on the fine side. Etched graters, on the other hand, are created by using a chemical process that corrodes teeth into the side of thin metal. It creates a tiny opening that’s just large enough to grab onto your food, making it ideal for fine grating. The metal used for these types is thinner, though, so they will flex in and out when being used with heavy-duty foods. What's the Difference Between a Grater and a Mandolin Slicer? When testing Parmesan cheese, we found the graters had four types of fine shredding: individual strands, wide chunks, fluffy and soft, and super annoying to remove from the grater! We chose eight high-quality tools (six box models, one flat grater, and one boxed multi-grater) and put them to the test. Our tests were designed to assess the overall usability of each tool, with specific attention to blade sharpness, efficiency, and ease of use.

Graters, and Zesters of 2023 The Best Microplanes, Rasp-Style Graters, and Zesters of 2023

I’d wager a guess that almost everyone owns a cheese grater. It was one of the first tools I learned to use in the kitchen, and they’re so commonplace that you’ll probably find one in a vacation rental property. You might not think too much about your cheese grater, and honestly I didn’t, either. But, after using our winning grater—the Microplane 4-Sided Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Box Grater The ribbon blade is ideal for chocolate, onions, zucchini, apples, cheese, potatoes, carrots and more.

Zyliss SmoothGlide Rasp Grater: This grater didn’t have enough teeth and the bend in the handle made grating lemons awkward and uncomfortable when held upside down.

Microplane Graters | Harts of Stur Microplane Graters | Harts of Stur

Microplane Rotary Grater - Microplane White Coarse Rotary Grater For Easily Handling With Minimal Effort.

Freshly Ground Spices Test: We grated two grams of nutmeg to see how coarse the resulting grated nutmeg was. We also evaluated whether grating a hard product like nutmeg dulled each grater's teeth. With the large shaver simply shave bars of chocolate, hard cheeses, cucumber, truffles and other ingredients You might only use your grater for cheese, but they’re actually incredibly helpful tools. The coarse holes are perfect for taking down everyone’s favorite melting food, but they're also useful for grating carrots for cake or coleslaw, as well as potatoes for latkes and hash browns. The medium-sized holes work the same way as the coarse ones, just with a smaller shred. And the fine holes are designed for grating parmesan, zesting lemons, or reducing ginger to a paste. While I admit that I almost never use the slicing side, it's available for making uniform slices of cheese for appetizer platters or vegetables for gratin dishes if you don't have a mandolin slicer. Microplane Premium Classic Series - The high-performance Microplane Premium Classic Series Graters are derived from the original classic series, and are enhanced with new ergonomic soft-touch handles and anti-scratch non-slip rubber ends. The Premium Classic series features Microplanes iconic long and narrow rasp-style design that originated in the wood shop.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment