276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Donner DDP-80 PLUS Digital Piano 88 Key Weighted Keyboard, Home Electric Piano, Supports USB-MIDI & Headphones, Semi-open Cover Designed, with Metal Triple Pedal, Power Adapter

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It would be easy to criticise the DDP-80 for only having one sound, but we suspect that most of the people who are interested in buying a design-led piano like this won’t really care if they don’t have Rhodes, organ and vibes presets - much as they wouldn’t worry about it if they bought an acoustic piano. All this means that the Casio is perfectly suited for placing and playing on a desk, however, sounding almost as big and bold as its rivals while trimming off vital inches where it matters. Overall, this keyboard sounds and feels like the real thing, but I think the main reason to buy it is for its looks. There are other hammer-weighted keyboards that offer a better feel, more features, and better portability for a cheaper price (like the Yamaha P71). The Donner DDP-80 has 88 full size keys, and in trying to accurately mimic the feel of a real piano, these keys are fully weighted and graded hammer action keys, so they are heavier in the bass range and lighter as you move up the keyboard. The action is a dual sensor action, and while I’m not at ALL an expert on key actions, I would be willing to bet, looking at the depth of the case, that the DDP-80 might have a longer pivot point than some entry level digital pianos, because the keys don’t seem to feel THAT much heavier as you play up the key, which CAN be an issue with pianos that have shorter pivot points. Donner DDP-80 Keys

Do the legs/does the stand come attached? I want to know if the legs can be screwed off and I can store it without the legs when its not in use. You’ll see pianos with over 300 sounds to play with, pianos that allow you to adjust every tiny detail of the sound – from the pitch right down to the parameter of the strings, pianos that have ‘Harmonic Imaging XL sound technology’, and pianos that have a ‘RH3 responsive hammer action’. If we were to ask you what a RH3 responsive hammer action is, would you be able to answer? We're in 'home keyboard' territory here and the Piaggero is Yamaha's attempt to corner every need, offering sufficient piano performance with enough variety of sound and a keyboard action for those looking to get into broader keyboard/organ/synth playing, too. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. Moving down from the keyboard itself, each of the four legs, and the pedal housing are all made of metal. With that said, they are all coated in a layer of paint which matches the wood stain of the keyboard itself, and the legs have some extra wood grain style textures in them to keep up the look. In the end, unless its user is some form of wood purist, the DDP-80’s all-wooden facade looks beautiful and will easily become a talking point of any space it is displayed within.Rear and bottom panels: MIDI USB, sustain pedal, power line, audio output, headphone, 3-pedal unit cable port, volume control, power switch (goes to standby automatically if nobody plays for 30 minutes) Conclusion I bought this piano out of necessity because it met my price, size, and aesthetic requirements. If given the choice, more budget, and space I definitely would have bought something better from a reputable brand. In the future, I'm probably going to sell it and upgrade to something better (hopefully acoustic) when we're able to move out. I also wanted to write this review because there aren't many out there on the DDP-80 and it's one of the first ads that comes up when you search for it so a lot of new players might be tempted to buy it.

MIDI via both USB and Bluetooth means that the FP-10 plays nicely with Roland’s excellent Piano Partner 2 app, and also makes a great MIDI controller keyboard. The NP-12 features 61 keys, making it considerably more portable. Also, these keys – while nicely actioned – aren't piano weighted, being a good half-way between piano feel and organ/synth action. Arguably that's easier (and faster) to play than a full piano action.New arrival Donner's DDP-80 is all about the looks. Rather than shirk on bulk and play the portability card, the Donner strikes a great balance of being 'furniture' without taking over the room. With a 1268mm-wide full-size keyboard casing it'll fit in your alcoves perfectly. It weighs in at only 10.5Kg and many will prefer its simpler, sleek looks. There is of course a slight price to pay and that's that the Casio's keyboard action – while weighted – is on the light side, being piano action, without particularly aping the heavy feel of the piano. Although it doesn’t have an electronic interface or multiple sounds, the Donner DDP-80 allows you to plug in an iPad, or a computer. With the iPad, you can use Donner’s teaching app to learn, or you can plug in your computer and use advanced music editing software. Donner DDP-80 vs. Other Donner Models It's still super simple to use. Gone are the banks and banks of redundant sounds, in favour of 10 very usable voices (Piano1, Piano2, E.Piano1, E.Piano2, Organ1, Organ2, Strings, Vibes, Harpsichord1, Harpsichord2) with the two grand piano options being sampled from one of Yamaha's most iconic concert grand pianos.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment