276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Creator Expert Camp Nou FC Barcelona (10284)

£199.995£399.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I don't care for it, but there are people who will so there's nothing wrong with this thing's existence" Camp Nou is a stadium that has borne witness to some of club football’s most revered and decorated teams, and celebrated some of the game’s most gifted stars. Written into its history are names like Johan Cruyff, who brought a Dutch footballing philosophy to Barcelona that is still followed to this day; any number of foreign greats like Diego Maradona, Hristo Stoichkov, Michael Laudrup, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho; and, held with such pride, youth team graduates from La Masia who among others include Pep Guardiola, Carles Puyol, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi. Its probably a bit similar to sports video games, everyone on every normal gaming forum hates them, but they still sell every year because theres people who are JUST sports gamers, they buy the latest console and FIFA or Madden or whatever every year and thats all, they dont play anything else, they dont even really consider themselves gamers, theyre sports fans. Theyre practically their own completely separate market, so whatever the rest of us think of the games or the business models surrounding them doesnt matter, because were not even the customers of that. That’s comparative value too. Coming in at 1,611 pieces more than 2020’s 10272 Old Trafford – Manchester United, which is about a 40% increase in size, 10284 Camp Nou – FC Barcelona is priced at just 20% more in the UK. It may not have the same degrees of variance from stand to stand that Old Trafford does, but it is sizeable, colourful and a true representation of Camp Nou.

Talking about how he approached the design of the set, Rok Zgalin Kobe, LEGO Set Designer commented: “To create the Camp Nou in LEGO form was a really enjoyable challenge, from bringing the stands to life to envisaging the players walking down the tunnel to the pitch, you can almost feel the atmosphere of a roaring home game. It is an impressive build – perfect for both FC Barcelona and LEGO fans.” In good times and in bad, Barca is a club with an identity like no other, one that is connected to its people in such a unique way, and one that presents Camp Nou as more than just a football stadium of architectural wonder, but a home like no other. The first steps build the playing field. There’s nothing too exciting about this, but I was surprised the designers didn’t have this section be the final part of the build. It feels like it would be a pretty fun capstone to the building experience, particularly as things get really dull in the main build. But more on that later. For right now, just enjoy a modular section that you could easily repurpose as the center of another custom stadium build.

The new LEGO FC Barcelona Camp Nou set is fantastically detailed. Features include the stands, pitch, team tunnel, media boxes and even the team’s coach. The score board also references the club’s momentous 5-0 win over rivals Real Madrid in 2010 and two of the stands proudly feature the “Mes que un Club” motto that is known by fans around the world. I have absolutely no interest in soccer or football, but I’m glad I bought the other stadium as an architectural set (and for the interesting parts). It’s more a building than a sport playset. For a similar reason some people bought the Sydney opera even though they are not opera fans. You don’t have to be a Barcelona fan to enjoy 10284 Camp Nou – FC Barcelona. Nor even a football fanatic. You don’t need to have an intricate knowledge of the club’s history, its connection to its local community or an understanding of its wildly out-of-control finances to be able to take in a lot of what 10284 FC Barcelona Camp Nou rewards as a LEGO experience. The new LEGO FC Barcelona Camp Nou set allows you to create a spectacular 5,509-piece model that is sure to take centre stage in any fan’s home. The final quadrant is a mirror of the third, with the final bit of lettering filling the middle tier.

For now, 10284 Camp Nou’s very existence – and any and all details surrounding it – are simply a rumour, so don’t put too much faith in them. At least until the LEGO Group confirms otherwise… From the outside edge, things continue to look good, with the “Camp” tile lining up with the “Nou” on the previous chunk.FC Barcelona and the LEGO Group announce the new LEGO® Camp Nou – FC Barcelona set, a detailed tribute to the iconic stadium. Fans can now build the Camp Nou stadium in all its historic glory, creating a spectacular 5,509-piece model that is sure to take centre stage in any supporter’s home

The two football clubs they've done so far have large worldwide fan-bases (probably very popular in Denmark), so on paper there is a market for them. I've seen some alternative Lego brands do stadium sets for most football clubs. Wow -- that's quite an overwhelming majority of negative poll responses! 62% have no interest, 19% don't like it. Just 8% plan on buying it." There are some fun little details when you look closely, too. These two transparent-clear wall elements represent the player’s zone – an area with covered seating for the players and coaches.FC Barcelona fans will love showing their passion for one of the world’s most celebrated soccer clubs with this rewarding building project. Build all the details of the mighty Camp Nou Stadium like the Lateral stand with its iconic ‘Més Que Un Club’ motto and the covered Tribuna stand, with press booths, plus the pitch itself. The model splits into 5 sections for access to each area. The next step puts the roof coverings on. There’s some clever tilework on the roof that does a good gapless job of approximating the curve of the glass wall below it. The roof overhanging the seating is braced with lightsaber hilts and blades in light grey, a detail that set designer Rok Zgalin Kobe calls out in the instruction books as a favorite touch. We have mentioned comparisons not only to 10272 Old Trafford – Manchester United but also to 10276 Colosseum and that is with purpose, both positive and negative. That is because for how much like both of those sets 10284 Camp Nou – FC Barcelona amazes as a display model and for where it resembles 10272 Old Trafford – Manchester United in selected techniques and general approach, it also comes very close in stages to the build experience for 10276 Colosseum. And that was not so fun.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got in touch with TLG with the strong suggestion that Architecture Stadia becomes a new product line. Being neither a ManU nor a Barca fan, these sets don't interest me at all and the chances of getting a Tottenham Hotspur Stadium / New White Hart Lane are probably next to zero! ;-) I'm not sure I'd spend this kind of money on even that, to be honest. Antoine Griezmann abruptly left last night before the transfer window closed to take the burden off their finances. The completed first section reveals that there’s a decent amount of gap between the wedge sections as you move away from the center. It’s a little distracting when seen here, but isn’t as noticeable once the full set is together. It’s a reasonable trade-off for the smooth curve to the overall building’s shape. As a display piece based on such an imposing and iconic real-world stadium, how it sits on display is crucial to its appeal, and in every way 10284 Camp Nou – FC Barcelona impresses. It’s one of those LEGO sets that your eyes just glaze over as you take it in, and that highlights a different detail each time you look closer – it’s one to enjoy on display for a long time, if you can find the shelf space.

Messi has recently left his longstanding club, thus dropping the allure of buying this particular set (for some). It’s one that at times if you aren’t careful will test your patience, but at the same time manages to offer intrigue, detail and enjoyment along the way, and that leaves you with a highly-impressive display piece at the end that delivers on the value you would hope to get from a LEGO set priced as it is.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment