276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Thursday is the New Friday: Work Smarter, Slow Down More, Life a Life That Matters: How to Work Fewer Hours, Make More Money, and Spend Time Doing What You Want

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My latest book, ‘Thursday Is the New Friday’ helps you reinvent your time, giving you more freedom, ideas, and happiness – while also helping the world. Learn to let go of the paralyzing need to be perfect, and find out how to navigate your fears of failure. Stop holding onto this industrial mindset that logging hours boosts productivity. It’s time to hurry up your week and slow down your weekends. While you’re at it, treat your ‘weekend’ as the beginning of your next week – seriously, it’s a game changer!

Many Germanic-derived languages name Thursday after Thor, like “Torsdag” in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, “Donnerstag” in Germany, and “Donderlag” in the Netherlands. For too long we have focused on overvaluing work and undervaluing time outside of work, despite continued research showing that our best work and most creative work comes when we slow down.” -Joe Sanok Covid-19 also is a wakeup call for many to question our lives and reset our future. How are you seeing work from home in the light of your book?Thursday is the day of the week between Wednesday and Friday. According to the ISO 8601 international standard, it is the fourth day of the week. In countries which adopt the "Sunday-first" convention, it is the fifth day of the week. [1] Name [ edit ]

Working from home is just one of many new modalities we will continue to see in the coming decade. There will be hybrid models, digital nomad models, and models that we have yet to predict because the technology has yet to be created. Businesses of the future will no longer take the industrialist model and instead will adapt, change, and evolve with workers and within industries. I love the story of your own lemonade stand and then your daughter taking on the challenge. What lessons did this teach you? In Garth Nix's popular The Keys to the Kingdom series, Thursday is an antagonist, a violent general who is a personification of the actual day and the Sin of Wrath. Quakers traditionally referred to Thursday as "Fifth Day" eschewing the pagan origin of the English name "Thursday". [7] Cultural and religious practices [ edit ] Christian holidays [ edit ] You’ve all been to bars before. You know the drill. As much as the English Literature student inside me would delight in detailing a full description of the night I’ll cut straight to it.The ongoing shortage of labour "will have implications on overall industry sales and on operators’ ability to drive growth", according to the report. The four-day work week won’t work for every company, but before you write off making Thursday the new Friday, here are a few reasons to consider making the switch: In most of the languages of India, the word for Thursday is Guruvāra – vāra meaning day and Guru being the style for Bṛhaspati, guru to the gods and regent of the planet Jupiter. This day marks the worship of Lord Vishnu/Lord Buddha and Lord Dattatreya in Hinduism. In Sanskrit language, the day is called Bṛhaspativāsaram (day of Bṛhaspati). In Nepali language, the day is called Bihivāra as derived from the Sanskrit word same like in Hindi vara means day and Bihivāra meaning Bṛhaspati. In Thai, the word is Wan Pharuehatsabodi, also in Old Javanese as Respati or in Balinese as Wraspati – referring to the Hindu deity Bṛhaspati, also associated with Jupiter.

Some historians say that Estonians would gather in holy woods known as “Hiis” on Thursday nights, where a bagpipe player would sit and play whilst people danced and sang until dawn. Create your own schedule, maximize your leisure time, and work less while making more by following the revolutionary—yet realistic—four-day work week outlined in this groundbreaking book.When employees have to be more intentional about their workday, they’re able to engage in more deep, focused work. John McGhee, owner at Webconsuls, stated, “when workers don't have to worry about personal tasks as much and have an extra day free, it helps them focus at work and be more productive. Being more productive is fulfilling, and helps improve happiness and overall mental health.” Additionally, it keeps employees refreshed, and renews their energy allowing them to be more vested and engaged in the company in which they work. Chung, the author of The Flexibility Paradox , a book on flexible working, believes some degree of remote working is here to stay. Additionally, local elections are usually held on the first Thursday in May. [ citation needed] [17] According to the research, eight in 10 Irish consumers say they are enjoying the social aspect of dining out now that Covid-19 restrictions have been fully lifted.

The industry has found relief with the supports announced by the Government, but it says many operators will still feel a "significant pinch".

This is an immensely practical guide for anyone who wants to work smarter - not harder. The author has conducted his fair share of masterminds and workshops on this topic with real people, so the quizzes and advice given here are more realistic than in many other books on slowing down. Despite worries about what this means for the future of offices, leasing in London is booming, according to recent updates from the office owners Land Securities and British Land. So when I initially heard about the hottest new dating app, Thursday, I was characteristically uninterested. Until that is I had it explained to me…

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment