276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Orphan: The Thrilling Orphan X Sunday Times Bestseller (An Orphan X Novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

D'Alessandro, Anthony (November 6, 2020). "Rossif Sutherland Joins eOne & Dark Castle's Horror Prequel 'Orphan: First Kill' ". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on May 25, 2022 . Retrieved November 6, 2020. The Last Orphan is pulse-pounding, heart-stopping, and thought-provoking. I loved it Meg Gardiner, No. 1 New York Times bestselling author In this installment, Even starts to view himself as growing older and perhaps not the killing machine he once was. We also see his growing attachment for Joey and hers for him. They try to hide it but they are starting to feel hope that a loving relationship is developing. I want to see where Mr Hurwitz takes us next on this perilous journey with Evan Smoek. He has a secret phone number. Or so the story goes. The number gets passed around, and when you call it, he answers, ‘Can I help you?’”

As usual this “case” wraps up, but I wonder over a new character and how they might play into future stories. Encounters with two of Devine’s ex-marines have ended fatally (for the marines), but when he enters Devine’s home, he is eventually chatting with a man who rationalises his every move and casts serious doubt on Donahue-Carr’s motives. Does Evan begin to second-guess his own convictions about the man? I want to think NetGalley and the publisher for letting me read and review this book. I have a been avid fan of this author and series since the beginning, I read and reviewed the last book in this series and did not like it very much. But the book ended on a semi cliff hanger with a teaser of the new book that sounded really promising.In a negative review, Mark Hanson from Slant Magazine gave one out of four stars, writing: "William Brent Bell's film proves that not every horror concept has the potential to be franchised." Every time it looks like Gregg Hurwitz can’t top himself, he delivers another impossible-to-miss thriller . . . and The Last Orphanis everything his fans love, plus so much more. I feel that Orphan X must be one of the coolest assassins out there. (Someone, please make a TV series!!) X is doing his thing once again, helping those who need help through his 1-855-2-NOWHERE helpline. But not before he himself was in a hairy situation after being cornered to do yet another work for the POTUS. A complex situation. Would Evan break his ten commandments in exchange for freedom?

He admired vodka. Base elements put through a rigorous process, distilled and filtered until the result was transformed into its purest essence. Now on the run full force for the US President, he is pushed to carry out an assassination that doesn't really align with how he believes ... his moral compass. Eliminate a powerful person that is extremely dangerous and in turn she will let Evan survive. As he sets out on the mission he feels it to his very core. For Evan, what is more important? The best part about the Orphan books is the action of course ... non stop yet never over the top. Joey, Dog, and Orphan V were the highlights for me. Mia’s fate is revealed, but there is not enough of Peter and some of the other regular characters. This installment felt a little tired. I feel like the series needs a reboot, which maybe is what Hurwitz is hinting at with Evan’s unexpected challenges. I have no idea where this series will go next, but I look forward to finding out.A new series character to rival Reacher . . . anyone reading Orphan X won't be surprised that a cadre of peers, from Tess Gerritsen to Lee Child, have lined up to praise it Independent A stellar series, and the stories get better with each instalment. [Evan Smoak is] the man you want in your corner when justice is needed Daily Mail The motivation for Smoak to do as he’s told is supposedly the promise of a pardon from the President. This is no motivation. Instead, the fire that’s lit underneath him comes from the deaths of two people who had attended a party at Luke Devine’s mansion. This, followed by a threat to Ruby, the sister of one of the people killed to stay quiet or face the consequences, is exactly the type of thing that puts Orphan X in motion. Though he managed to stay under the radar for a while, the government has found him and given him an ultimatum: Kill a powerful man of face the consequences. Evan has a code to only kill if the person really deserves such a fate, so he investigates this man and finds a great deal of corruption that requires him to use his fighting skills. Hurwitz goes into a lot of detail about these hand-to-hand combat sequences. Now that Evan is a little older, he feels he’s just a little less sharp than he used to be. Maybe because of his age, his knowledge of technology isn’t the greatest, so he relies on his 16-year-old ally Joey, who we met in book three. She’s such a great character and foil to Evan. Other members with unique skills also reappear in this book to help out. When Mia regains consciousness, a visit to the hospital turns out to be a lot more complicated than it should be and, observing one of his ironclad Orphan Commandments, Evan ends up in the custody of Special Agent Naomi Templeton. She connects him with President Victoria Donahue-Carr, who presents him with an ultimatum.

Evan must decide whether to accept. He's spent years trying to atone for his former life. But if by taking on the mission he must betray the very principles he now lives by, what is left? Another excellent installment in the series. I put this review off for a little bit because I wans't sure what I wanted to say about it. I love this series. I always wonder what will happen next and in this one I was a little surprised, in a good way, with part of the ending. D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 20, 2020). " 'Brahms: The Boy II's William Brent Bell To Direct 'Orphan' Prequel 'Esther' For eOne – EFM". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 20, 2022 . Retrieved November 2, 2020.a b " Orphan: First Kill (2022)". The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC . Retrieved December 9, 2022. I want to thank NetGalley and St Martin’s Press and Macmillan Audio for sending me this eARC in exchange for my honest review. The Last Orphan is the eighth book in the Orphan X series by best-selling American author, Gregg Hurwitz. Two months after his neighbour and sometime lover, Mia Hall is left in a coma, Evan Smoak is on a glacier in Iceland, tasting his favourite tipple, and dealing with some obnoxious locals.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment