276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Congo

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like you, my daily life has become reliant on this power source. This life style is made possible because of batteries that use cobalt and are manufactured in China. How many of us know where that cobalt comes from? I know I didn’t. How many of us care care about how it is mined? Or do we merely enjoy the luxury of cutting-edge technology?

Elliot had to smile. The idea of a computer predicting to the minute when they would reach their Congo location seemed ludicrous to him. But Ross was totally serious. a b c d e f Lambie, Ryan (September 12, 2016). "The strange prehistory of 1995's Congo". Den of Geek . Retrieved September 29, 2016.The author travels to mines and through villages in the Congo, talking to the people mining. He tries to talk to some of the companies paying for the cobalt (and some of the middlemen), but there are only a few who will talk to him. What is Known of the Demographic History of Zaire Since 1885," in Bruce Fetter, ed. Demography from Scanty Evidence: Central Africa in the Colonial Era(Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner, 1990), p. 303.

Qui (pubblicato nel 1979) c’è una spedizione nel cuore del Continente Nero, nel Congo del titolo, il cuore dell’Africa: deve impadronirsi di certi diamanti speciali necessari per fabbricare le armi indispensabili alla prossima Terza Guerra Mondiale. Si portano dietro strumenti tecnologici sofisticati e all’avanguardia. Dovranno vedersela con una guerra civile, con la competizione di un consorzio concorrente euro-giapponese, con l’eruzione di un vulcano. Stengers, Jean (2007-09-01). Congo: mythes et réalités (in French). Racine. p.307. ISBN 978-2-87386-517-7. The Republic of the Congo is one of the most urbanized countries in Africa, with nearly 70% of Congolese living in urban areas. The population is concentrated in the southwest of the country, mainly in the capital Brazzaville, Pointe-Noire, and along the railway line that connects the two. The tropical jungles in the north of the country are sparsely populated. Most Congolese are Bantu, and most belong to one of four main ethnic groups, the Kongo, Teke, Mbochi, and Sangha, which consist of over 70 subgroups. What makes this a four star read still, for me personally, is the great setting, the thrilling adventure and the lovable Amy. The adorable mountain gorilla is by far the best character in this book and I completely fell in love with her and would adopt her without hesitation. Once you have read this book, you will NEVER EVER look at your cell phone, tablet, ANYTHING that is rechargeable ever again. I am going to strive to keep my rechargeables as long as I possibly can. Because of our now dependence on electronics, there is little else we can do [ this, and limit the amount of rechargeables one has in the home. I will be using mine until I cannot turn them on anymore and will only be purchasing new when that happens].cobalt, copper, niobium, tantalum, petroleum, industrial and gem diamonds, gold, silver, zinc, manganese, tin, uranium, coal, hydropower, timber While this exposé was long overdue and undoubtedly valuable, I couldn’t escape my disappointment over its relatively limited scope. While it does a good job revealing the horrible tragedies stemming from mining, there is very little information detailing the role of major American corporations (outside of general references to “tech and EV companies”). The United States is rarely mentioned—except when the author detailed America’s disdain for Patrice Lumumba and unease over China’s position of power over the modern mining sector. Speaking of China, the giant to the East essentially shares blame with the corrupt Congolese government for the modern state of affairs in the Congo. While I appreciated the information on how China came to dominate the mines of the Congo, the author missed an opportunity to drive home just how dependent the Western powers are on keeping Congo exactly the way it is.

Luc Sante (27 September 1998). "Leopold's Heart of Darkness". San Francisco Chronicle . Retrieved 13 June 2012. 'King Leopold's Ghost' is an absorbing and horrifying account Laura Linney as Karen Ross, an electronics expert for TraviCom, and a former CIA operative, who hopes to find her ex-fiancé lost in a previous expedition to the Congo.Joe Don Baker as R.B. Travis, TraviCom's CEO, Charles's father and Karen's boss. He wants to find the diamond mines to finance and expand his satellite technologies.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment