276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Simply Lies: A Psychological Thriller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From out of the darkness, a slash of white and twin pops of color representing a toothy mouth and bulging eyes. Ben Coes, New York Times bestselling author of international espionage thrillers featuring Dewey Andreas Gibson hefted her three-year-old son, Tommy, who had been doing his best to use his mom as a jungle gym, and placed him on her thrust-out right hip. It was only eleven in the morning and she was already exhausted. When she secretly took and passed the written and physical exams to enter the police academy, her mother had thrown a

Gibson had been across the Bay Bridge-Tunnel a few times and had never cared for the experience. It was over seventeen miles long, with artificial islands built along the route, and the bridge seemed to disappear right into the middle of the bay where the road entered the tunnels. It was like the highway was executing a suicidal dive into the water, taking all traffic with it. Ms. Gibson, this is Arlene Robinson from ProEye, I work with Zeb Brown. I know you were on the phone with him earlier.” And maybe I’ll find some British ghosts living in the old mansion. She slowed as she saw the stone monuments on either side of a driveway. The plaque on one of the monuments read: Stormfield. He hadn’t done it at her wedding, for reasons he had made clear to his daughter prior to Gibson’s walking down the aisle. One day she gets a call from another ProEye representative, working with Gibson’s boss, requesting Gibson to complete a new assignment that just came up. Gibson is asked to go inventory the home and assets of an arms dealer that just took off after cheating other ProEye clients. Once Gibson arrives at the old mansion out in the country, and starts inspecting, she discovers a secret room., and then a dead body to go with it.

Well, I’ve got three under the age of five at home, so I can definitely relate. And I knew you weren’t going to be painting anything red unless it’s a room in your house.” This is a little unusual. I usually do my sleuthing on the internet.” “I know. That’s most of what ProEye does, as you know. But this We learn more about Arlene/Clarissa’s past. The pair somehow reach atruce to solve the crimes. The twosometimes work in opposition and sometimes work in tandem. The novel is acomplex story with many subplots. First I want to say that there is so much to like when it comes to reading his stories. He does so many things well. Things I love. He can create suspicion, tension, strong MCs and story lines to match. He puts in some great twists and I am always pulled in.

This is the 48th book by this author that I've read. I've read more of his books than those of any other author. I am a huge fan. BUT...of late, he has been a solid 3 stars. Gibson watched the vomit spiral down the front of her only clean outfit at the moment, with chunks of it landing on her bare feet. As a final touch, the slop soaked into the rug, to join all the previous stains there. A twisting new psychological thriller in which two women—one a former detective, the other a dangerous con artist—go head-to-head in an electrifying game of cat and mouse. Gibson walked over to one section of shelves to look at a large vase placed there when she felt something on her ankles. Thanks. I don’t believe we’ve spoken before,” said Gibson as she bit into her cookie and took another sip of her tea.On April 18th, 2023, Simply Lies, an all-new novel from #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci is set to hit bookstores. When she receives a call from a woman named Arlene Robinson, that says she works with the company requesting her to conduct an inventory of a vacant home of an arms dealer who cheated ProEye’s clients and fled, she goes. Not only does the arms dealer not exist but the murder victim turns out to be Harry Langhorne, a man with mob ties who used to be in Witness Protection. What’s more, no one named Arlene Robinson works at ProEye. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy this novel as much as everyone else. And by 33%, I gave up reading any further. Maybe one day I'll attempt a re-read. But for now, it's a one star DNF. See? It pays to have someone who knows the local geography.” “I’m surprised no one has been there before now.”

D AVID BALDACCI is a global #1 bestselling author, and one of the world’s favorite storytellers. His books are published in over forty-five languages and in more than eighty countries, with 150 million copies sold worldwide. His works have been adapted for both feature film and television. David Baldacci is also the cofounder, along with his wife, of the Wish You Well Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting literacy efforts across America. Still a resident of his native Virginia, he invites you to visit him at DavidBaldacci.com and his foundation at WishYouWellFoundation.org. Not only does the arms dealer not exist but the murder victim turns out to be Harry Lancaster, a man with mob ties who used to be in Witness Protection. What’s more, no one named Arlene Robinson works at ProEye. Third, technical descriptions are so vague that one is left wondering whether the author did any research. I learned nothing about how anything works, including information gathering via the internet and/or the “dark net.”If this is the beginning of a new series, I look forward to reading more about these two dynamic women. Albany. I was told it was ProEye’s headquarters about ten years ago, before they really took off and went global.” I continue to marvel at how David Baldacci is able to juggle multiple releases each year without sacrificing one iota of suspense, narrative or ingenious plot. His latest novel, SIMPLY LIES, is a stand-alone thriller featuring two lead characters who are so engaging that I hope he considers revisiting them. Late last year he introduced a new character - Travis Devine – a former military man who finds himself investigating a successful firm on Wall Street in “The 6:20 Man”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment