276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Best Of Sammi Smith

£8.51£17.02Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Compiled and annotated by Bob Stanley, “Looks Like Stormy Weather” is a collection built for winter nights. Despite an all-star cast of Nashville musicians and songs of the standard of I Was Just Fifteen, The Good-For-Something Years, Cover Me, Long Black Veil and Sunshine the album failed to trouble the charts. However, belatedly music fans are starting to discover the delights of her music, especially the seven albums she recorded for Mega Records between 1970 and 1975.

Sammi Smith – The Best Of Sammi Smith (1996, CD) - Discogs

Sadly, Sammi Smith never crossed over into the mainstream and her music wasn’t heard by the wider audience it deserves. It's gotten so bad I have to announce I'm gonna play it every hour so please stop tying up the phone lines.Their new label was the perfect platform for Sammi Smith, as music started to find a wider audience within the country music community.

sammi smith and CDs music | Discogs

Despite this, the album only reached forty-three in the US Billboard Country charts, making it Sammi Smith’s least successful album. Aged just eleven, Sammi Smith dropped out of school and started singing professionally in nightclubs.Filename C:\Rips\Sammi Smith - Looks Like Stormy Weather 1969-1975 (2022) [FLAC]\06 - I've Got To Have You. The consensus was that Help Me Make It Through The Night was too suggestive for airplay, but Malloy got home late one night and the phone was ringing. Bill Walker, who wrote arrangements for Eddy Arnold and The Johnny Cash Show, had violins playing one long, sustained note as the cellos wove a dark counterpoint around it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment