276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mooer Flex Boost, boost pedal, 2.25 x 4.25 x 1.75"

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are a few pedals on the list that are not clones of other pedals. The LoFi Machine happens to be one of these Mooer pedals. If you’re wanting a guitar pedal that can achieve the Super Mario theme song sound (and more), then this LoFi Machine is definitely for you. The Boss AW-2 gives you four knobs to play with. Each knob has a wide spectrum of tonal capabilities. The knobs on the Boss include; rate, depth, manual (lo to hi pass filter) and sensitivity. The Mooer Funky Monkey, on the other hand, is a bit different. This Mooer pedal gives you three knobs as well as a 3-way toggle switch. Making this pedal exceptionally versatile for an Auto-Wah. The three knobs on the Funky Monkey include: Two major red flags stand out to me in an instant when determining whether or not this is, in fact, a clone. Red flag number 1 is that the Max GE-601 is a 6 band eq. Whilst, the Mooer Graphic G is very clearly a 5 band eq. Red flag number two can be found when comparing the frequencies of each of the two pedals. The Maxon has different frequencies to the Mooer. Here are the differences in frequencies between the Mooer and the Maxon: The “Hot” setting is bigger sounding and delivers more gain and a lot more midrange. The “hot” setting on the green mile is very reminiscent of the Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer. Which, also has a Hot mode. The Turbo TS also uses the TS-9 as a basis for the pedals sound. Therefore, I don’t think I’d be too far off from saying that the Green Mile is more of a clone of the Ibanez Turbo TS9DX, rather than the classic TS-9. Mooer Green Mile vs Tube Screamer I like the overall naturalness of the chorus sound I get from the Mooer Ensemble. Many other cheaper Chinese clone pedals tend to produce a tiny and thin chorus tone which I don't like. The Mooer Ensemble king does not do this, and that is why I think it is such a great clone. It's pretty tough, I would imagine, to recreate such a legendary Boss pedal. But, Mooer does it really well with this pedal.

Mooer Mini Drives, Fuzzes A Quick Overview on the Best of the Mooer Mini Drives, Fuzzes

The Mooer Blues Mood, just like the Boss BD-2, Compresses in the same nature to that of a tube amplifier. And this results in a very smooth and creamy sounding drive. However, when the drive knob is maxed out to its fullest potential, you can start to reach some low distortion. As a clone of the Boss BD-2, the Blues Mood holds up very well. And with the addition of the "Keeley" style mod, the Blues Mood is a no brainer. Whilst there are some definite similarities in the way both these pedals sound, there are also some differences in the way in which the Mooer Ensemble chorus was designed. The biggest difference can be seen on the Mooer Ensemble with the addition of an extra volume knob. The Boss CE-2 came with only two control, which let you control the depth and the rate. But, the Boss CE-2 failed to come with a level knob. Something which could’ve been useful on such a legendary pedal. However, the Mooer is a pretty versatile chorus with a wide array of chorus effects.I'd love to be able to get my hands on a Mooer Blue Comp Vs Boss CS-1 comparison. Or even a Blue Comp vs Boss CS-2 comparison. However, I've yet to find any of these. For the meantime, I have added a demo of the Mooer Blue comp so you can get an idea of how it sounds like a compressor pedal. Many have asked about the difference between the two sounds of the "Normal" and "Treble" switch. Essentially, the Normal setting accentuates the sustain more. Whilst the Treble switch accentuates and sustains the top end. Blue Comp vs Yellow Comp There's no real scenario where one can justify the price of the Woolly Mammoth when the Mooer Fog does literally exactly the same thing. However, even though the Mooer fog is definitely more affordable, it's hard for me to find a need (besides for if I were the bass player in a Muse cover band) to buy or make use of this pedal. It's worth pointing out that the Zvex has a built-in gate which can be engaged by playing with the "pinch" knob. I'm almost certain the Mooer doesn't have this gate function although I could be very very wrong. The Mooer Fog along with the Woolly Mammoth is like no other fuzz tones I have heard. A lot say you can get them to sound like Big Muff pedals. But I disagree. The Mooer Fog delivers a synth-like type of fuzz. Also, the words "snarly" as well as, "nasally" come to mind when I hear these pedals. At times, the sound tends to remind me of bit-crusher sounds.I know that there are many bass guitar players out there that swear by both the Mooer Fog as well as the Zvex Woolly Mammoth. I must be honest, I do not enjoy the sound of this pedal in general.

Mooer Flex Boost - Audiofanzine User reviews: Mooer Flex Boost - Audiofanzine

There's an obvious disparity in the way each of these bass eq pedals was designed. However, one cool feature about both of these pedals is that they have a level adjustment. This enables you to add a volume boost to your eq, or you can just use it as a clean volume boost. So what is the Mooer Flex Boost? Well, it’s one of the closest sounding clone pedals of the AC booster by Xotic effects that I’ve come by. Whilst the Mooer Flex Boost and the AC Booster have the word “boost” in their name, it is actually important to note that both of these pedals are in fact overdrive pedals.LP (Low Peak): The Low peak setting works more like a boost. Some pedal enthusiasts say that it works like a clean boost. But, to my ear, there’s definitely grit to the sound, even when used as a boost. As far as the volume drop is concerned. I have not experienced this “fault” unless of course, the internet is referring to the fact that this pedal produces a volume-drop type of effects. In which case, it definitely does. Trelicopter Vs Demeter Tremulator The Mooer Shimverb is a reverb pedal that has three options. The main feature to sway someone to get this pedal over other reverbs is because of the Shimmer function. The affordable reverb pedal allows you to toggle between three different reverbs. The first two are your standard room and spring reverb. The third is, as mentioned, the shimmer. This is Mooer’s unique verb sound which allows one to create soundscapes and dreamy shoegazing guitar parts. Think along the lines of post-punk and guitar-based indie music from the 1980s. Even if you ignore the shimmer function, the simple spring or room reverb that comes from this pedal is great. If you’re in need of reverb at an affordable price, this is a fantastic option. The Diamond compressor is a big yellow pedal. Therefore it is pretty obvious that the name, “yellow comp” means it is a clone of the Diamond. The diamond is an amazing pedal/. However, it is quite pricey. And, relatively hard to come by. I believe that the Diamond comp is easily beaten by the sound of the Nova Comp by T-Rex. It is my favorite compressor pedal ever so perhaps I am a little biased. Rounding Up My Mooer Pedals Review

Mooer Flex Boost Vs Mooer Pure Boost - The Rides never stops Mooer Flex Boost Vs Mooer Pure Boost - The Rides never stops

Boss DM-2 is definitely one of the most classic Boss guitar effects pedals from the early days of the compact stomp boxes. This Boss DM-2 is still an exceptionally sought after pedal. Especially due to the fact that Boss stopped making them for a very long time. It is only now in recent times that they’ve reissued these. Before then, it was hard to get your hands on this epic analog delay. That was until Mooer created this great clone. The Ana Echo analog delay is the Mooer mini version of the DM-2 by Boss. These are both analog delays with. However, I’d say that the Boss DM-2 sounds more natural to my ear. There’s also a certain organic decay that the Boss has which the Mooer doesn’t. This is such a minor detail that most people won’t ever notice. There a I must definitely point out that the Flex Boost has got some grit to it. As soon as you start to turn the gain knob up from zero, you can hear some light and pleasant overdrive. How does it compare to the AC Booster? It comes pretty darn close to the real thing. However, as is the case with a lot of clone pedals, they just miss out on not sounding quite as “organic” as the originals. Still, a great sounding low-gain boost/overdrive pedal. But what is the LoFi machine? it is a pedal that reduces the sample rate and depth, with a range from 60Hz all the way up to 31250Hz And, 5bit all the up to 16 bits parameter for controlling the depth of the sample… Thus, resulting bit-crusher type of sound. The LoFi Machine has three knobs along with a 3-way toggle switch. The three knobs on this pedal include:Q: The "Q" knob is quite misleading but it basically just lets you play with how intense you want the wah effect to be. This knob initially led me to believe that the Funky Monkey was a clone of the EHX Qtron pedal. Which is actually pretty plausible come to think of it now, seeing as though the Qtron is also an automatic wah pedal. Mooer's clone pedals are all very close to the originals they're cloned after. However, in my opinion, this Mooer Blues Crab is by far the closest sounding pedal to the original that I've come across yet. Seriously, It was only until someone pointed out that the Original Blues Breaker is a bit more smooth sounding when compared to the Blues Crab that I noticed this difference. However, this is only barely noticeable and I've actually become fonder of the Blues Crab than the original Marshall Blues Breaker. This is such an incredibly good pedal and great value for money. Mooer Blues Crab vs Blue Mood If you're wondering if the Mooer Blade distortion is really a clone of the massive EHX Metal Muff. you can be at ease knowing that it is indeed a clone of this very pedal. In my opinion, it is nothing short of genius how Mooer managed to turn such a large pedal into such a mini clone. There does, however, seem to be a fair bit of debate surrounding the fact that the Mooer Blade could be a Boss Metal Zone. The consensus does seem to learn more towards the Mooer Blade being an Electro-Harmonix clone. For the sake of this Mooer clone list, and due to the fact that my knowledge and experience of metal pedals is limited. I'm going to compare the Mooer Blade and the EH Metal Muff. The Grey Faze is a really decent clone of the Dunlop Germanium fuzz face. I’ve tried a lot of budget and cheaper fuzz pedals that all land up sounding too fizzy for my liking. This is not the case with the grey faze. As I like the sound of this pedal a lot. And, despite it only having two controls, I find it to be pretty versatile. That is thanks to the fact that the actual “Fuzz” knob on this pedal is super responsive. And by adjusting it, you’re able to achieve a wide array of sounds. Do you need this pedal? This is an exceptionally hard Mooer pedal to review. Due to the fact that, in my opinion, does not serve much of a purpose on the average pedal board. This is not an essential effect. Unless of course, you’ve written a song/part with this pedal. Or, you’re trying to recreate a particular sound that this pedal can produce. Other than those two reasons, it is quite hard to recommend this pedal for any specific need. Unless of course, you need a guitar pedal for super Mario sound.

Mooer Flex Boost – Music Bros

This is a very similar characteristic of the Zen drive. The Rumble is also a very mid-focused overdrive pedal. And, in my opinion, it tends to sound more like the Dumble amplifiers. Which would make sense considering the name of this pedal. If you’re looking for a lot of gain on tap, then this is not the pedal for you. However, for a blues tone, this is a very useful and handy pedal that will be all you need.

The Mooer Eleclady is a clone of the Electric Mistress by Electro-Harmonix. And, it manages to clone this legendary flanger in a fraction of the size of the original. The Mooer Eleclady, with its small and sleek design, offers three knobs as well as a 2-way toggle switch. The knobs include: I must note that I’ve tried to add video comparisons of each of the pedals and the originals for which they were based off. My hope is that the videos will give more context to my written explanation of these pedals by Mooer. I also aim to review each of these Mooer Mini clone pedals below. How Do We Know These Are Definitely Clone Pedals? The pedal compares well but not spot-on exactly. It certainly does an incredible job of providing a clean and transparent boost with the ability to add the drive as well as the bass to fatten up the sound. But, the RC Booster is expensive for a reason. And that reason is that you really get one of the smoothest sounding boost pedals around. The Pure Boost can get a bit noisy. But is still a great pedal especially considering the price and size. This is indeed a clone of the Big Muff by Electro-Harmonix. All of the characteristics mentioned above about the Mooer. Are those typical tonal characteristics of a class Big Muff. We all know the original muff to be an exceptionally large pedal. And, one this is not pedalboard friendly. For that reason, the Triangle Buff is a good choice as it is quite literally a fraction of the size of a proper Big Muff Fuzz.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment