Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Migrating to Magento 2

A forum for Magento users to discuss tips, issues etc with regards to actually using the Magento front and back end systems.

Migrating to Magento 2

Postby edmondscommerce » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Magento 2 was officially released on the 17th of November 2015, Magento 2 is definitely something to look into as there are definitely a few upgrades which have been made which make the platform much simpler to use.

Here are a few reasons why we think you should upgrade to Magento 2,

- Magento 2 has taken the user friendly approach to make it much more easier to use and navigate around which results in less faffing around and a few clicks a way to where you need to be.
    - The checkout process has been improved and the process is now much more streamlined making it easier for customers to get through instead of making it less tedious for customers.
    - Performance of the platform has a been improved, Magento 2 is up to 20% faster than previous versions.
    - Magento 2 allows the use of PHP 7 which is significantly faster than PHP 5.5 which was used with Magento 1.
    - The stock Magento 2 responsive theme is actually pretty good, it lays some great ground work for you to build your own bespoke theme.

For some more in depth information about Magento 2 have a look at our post on our LinkedIn page:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/magento-2-upgrade-time-start-migration-now-joseph?trk=prof-post&utm_content=buffer5f214&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
edmondscommerce

Re: Migrating to Magento 2

Postby polag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello, thanks for your post.
What about me I like Magento in general. There are three main reasons for me to think in this way. Its Flexibility, Partner Expandability and Scalability.
I've made a transfer from Magento 1 to Magento 2 and no regrets, just new great opportunities thanks to Magento 2 various extensions.
polag

Return to Magento Users