Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Migrating to Magento 2

A forum for Magento users to discuss tips, issues etc with regards to actually using the Magento front and back end systems.

Migrating to Magento 2

Postby edmondscommerce » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Magento 2 was officially released on the 17th of November 2015, Magento 2 is definitely something to look into as there are definitely a few upgrades which have been made which make the platform much simpler to use.

Here are a few reasons why we think you should upgrade to Magento 2,

- Magento 2 has taken the user friendly approach to make it much more easier to use and navigate around which results in less faffing around and a few clicks a way to where you need to be.
    - The checkout process has been improved and the process is now much more streamlined making it easier for customers to get through instead of making it less tedious for customers.
    - Performance of the platform has a been improved, Magento 2 is up to 20% faster than previous versions.
    - Magento 2 allows the use of PHP 7 which is significantly faster than PHP 5.5 which was used with Magento 1.
    - The stock Magento 2 responsive theme is actually pretty good, it lays some great ground work for you to build your own bespoke theme.

For some more in depth information about Magento 2 have a look at our post on our LinkedIn page:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/magento-2-upgrade-time-start-migration-now-joseph?trk=prof-post&utm_content=buffer5f214&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
edmondscommerce

Re: Migrating to Magento 2

Postby polag » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello, thanks for your post.
What about me I like Magento in general. There are three main reasons for me to think in this way. Its Flexibility, Partner Expandability and Scalability.
I've made a transfer from Magento 1 to Magento 2 and no regrets, just new great opportunities thanks to Magento 2 various extensions.
polag

Re: Migrating to Magento 2

Postby Martin Wann » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:23 pm

Magento 2 is a great eCommerce solution that offers effective customization, top-notch performance along with big number of qualitative apps, modules, plugins.

Migrating to Magento 2 was my best eCommerce decision I'll never regret about. In this case, I`m also thankful to automated migration service as Cart2Cart that moved all my data with no entities relations breakdown or any kind of loss. Cart2Cart lets you move products, customers, categories, manufacturers, orders, taxes, CMS pages, reviews and other related entities from your old Magento to a new one automatically.

My Magento 2 switch lasted just a few hours that exceeded all my expectations as I prepared myself for a long tiresome procedure.

Hopefully, this post will be useful for you.
Martin Wann

Return to Magento Users