276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Happy Leons: LEON Happy Salads

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First of all, like all Leon books, this book is gorgeous, with thankfully more photos of food and less photos of people compared to the other Leon books. I was excited from the get-go with loads of yummy-sounding vegetarian recipes and several recipes that could easily be made vegetarian or pescatarian.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this. There are a few recipes I can't wait to revisit again and loads more I haven't tried yet. A real hit from Leon (and should hopefully tide me over until they open in Manchester!). Trim and wash the beetroot, then place on a baking tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and 50ml of water. Season and bake, covered with foil, at 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for about 1 hour. Once cooked, the skins should come away easily. Cut the beetroot into wedges.If I get the chance, whenever I'm in London I get Leon (especially now there's one in Euston), and when Phil and I went away to Birmingham in April we ate there four times. In three days. This is actually the third Leon book I own, after Leon Vegetarian and Leon Friends and Family (actually, I own one of their minis too, but the least said about that the better - it's basically just a collection of recipes from other Leon books, most of which I already had). I've actually been really disappointed with my other Leon books which is such a shame when I love the brand so much. I haven't been able to pinpoint what it is I've not liked, but many of the recipes I've tried have either been a bit dull or a bit uncreative, which aren't words I associate with Leon at all. Leon was founded on the twin principles that food can both taste good and do you good. In this book, Leon authors Jane Baxter and John Vincent bring together 100 recipes for fresh, vibrant, delicious salads that will have you feeling healthy and happy.

Divided into chapters that include Classics, Naturally Fast, Salads for Friends, Family Salads and Lunchbox, this book contains salads for all tastes and all occasions. Whether you're looking for a bright salad with which to dazzle your friends, or a simple salad to take to the office, this book is a must-have kitchen staple.My first thought though was, "will salad be enough for dinner?" and I thought there was going to be a section at the start with ideas of what to serve with some of the salads. I definitely found a mix of salads that seemed "enough" for dinner (those with a main protein or grain) and some that seemed like more of a side. But I was really excited to hear about Leon Happy Salads. Salads are, pretty much, my favourite thing to get from Leon (except for the sweet potato falafel hot box which is my all-time favourite, but is that kind-of a salad?). I honestly really tried to resist buying this but let's face it, I have no willpower when it comes to buying recipe books.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment