276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C Electric Wheeled Lawn Mower, 1500 W, Cutting Width 36 cm, Orange/black

£67.495£134.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even if you have a 100ft garden you can get away with this mower and I love the fact it comes with a grass collection box, electric wheeled lawn mowers lend themselves much more easily to a collection box and tougher work. Far more so than their hover counterparts. If you’re slow to cut the lawn, a good wheeled electric lawn mower is far more favourable than any hover lawn mower. Looking for an electric lawnmower that will give your lawn the kind of beautiful lines you see on tennis courts? Well, look no further, the Mountfield’s Princess 34 is exactly that, and you don’t have to break the bank to buy it either. Petrol has been left in the tank for a long time - A petrol mower can have issues if the fuel has been left in the tank over winter. Old and stale fuel is the most common cause for not starting after long periods of time. This means when spring comes around, it just won’t ignite and could potentially damage your engine. Similarly, installing the top handles without help was a little challenging. Even though you simply have to screw the bottom and top handles to the mower, it’s still a balancing act. It’s not impossible to assemble by yourself (I did it), but if you have an extra pair of hands that can help you with assembly, I’d recommend it.

Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C Electric Lawn Mower Review Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C Electric Lawn Mower Review

Also, something to note: if you’re pulling the lawnmower towards you, always make sure you switch it off first. This can understandably be alarming, however, it doesn't always mean it has a critical fault. Many of these causes won’t require you to search out the help of an expert straight away. You can often diagnose the issue by the colour of the smoke, and fix it before any major problems start.For the price, the Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C had an impressive line-up of key features. With dual-control handles, 5 cutting heights, a 12 m cable and a 40-litre grass box, it had everything the average gardener needs. If you want to ensure you lawn is left looking luscious all year round, it’s important to aerate it and remove dead grass and thatch which can build up over time. The Flymo Compact 3400 Electric Lawn Rake is perfect for the job, without breaking the bank. While this wasn’t an obvious feature, the grass box is also fitted with a small window. Looking through the window tells you how full the box is and helps you determine whether it needs emptying. Windows aren’t as effective as the flaps that rise and fall to indicate when the box is close to overloading, but it still makes it easier to keep an eye on things. One of, if not the main, reason this electric lawnmower leaves such excellent lines is down to the hand propelled rear roller, but the quality of the cut also plays its part and that all comes down to the motor, blade, and the height settings. A hover mower works by creating a cushion of air underneath the lawn mower. This makes them easy to manoeuvre across the lawn. However there are a number of common reasons that can stop the hover mower floating effortlessly across the lawn.

Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C Electric Wheeled Mowers Spares Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C Electric Wheeled Mowers Spares

The instruction manual had very large, clear images that portrayed one step each. I always prefer this over small images or any that cram multiple tasks into one. The name Flymo is synonymous with compact, reliable electric lawnmowers, and they are particularly well known for their excellent hover mowers. The overall weight of this chevron model is 8.7kg, but without the grass box attached it obviously becomes much lighter, and can be easily carried by the large handle located on top of the machine. When in operation, it feels very light, easy to change direction, and just generally mobile. I think the wheels and the way the weight is balanced throughout the machine have a big hand in this. Another thing that was a little stiff was the safety switch you have to press before pulling the handles to start the machine. Again though, this could be down to the same reasons as above.The box, like the rest of this electric lawnmower feels durable and well put together. The plastic is high quality and I’m sure it’ll be pretty hard wearing and last a long time. Flymo offer a 2 year warranty with their products anyway, and are known for good customer service so there’s no need to worry there. With a wide a range of cutting heights that is greater than the average, it gives you a lot of options when it comes to how you want your lawn to look. I’m not sure if Flymo would agree, but in my mind the Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C electric wheeled lawn mower is just a bigger, more powerful, and more efficient version of the Flymo Easimo electric wheeled lawn mower in the review above. With a 1500 Watt motor as opposed to 900 W, 36cm cutting span as opposed to 32cm, and same variable cut depth as the Easimo of 20mm to 60mm, it is easy to see why I’ve come to that conclusion. It’s practically a scale up in function and performance, perhaps not looks entirely though. The other reason is now the value. Notice I used the word cheap earlier, let’s not mix cheap with value. Pound for pound an electric lawn mower will not be touched for performance. So if you like value for money, an electric lawn mower will look after you. We often forget why electric lawn mowers are for sale in the first place. We take our electric lawn mower out of the shed(after being sat for 6 months) and attach an extension lead, and it just goes, effortlessly cutting grass. Occasionally the blades dull and we are forced into maintenance, not by any doing of the electric motor though…which remains working and ready. For those of us that once owned a petrol lawn mower. This is a stark contrast to the reality of owning a petrol lawn mower and even tougher yet if you’re old enough, a manual push mower!

Flymo FLY071 Metal blade 36cm for Speedi-Mo 360C and Speedi Flymo FLY071 Metal blade 36cm for Speedi-Mo 360C and Speedi

Sorry to dampen the mood there but I think I needed to add some balance :-). What I really like the most about the Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C electric wheeled lawn mower is how it will effortlessly handle a 100ft garden lawn. You will certainly need an extension lead though because it’s only 12m in length and this electric lawn mower is capable of so much more. It begs the question, will Flymo increase the cable length at some point? The older Flymos used to be slightly longer. Given the weight of just 11.5kg its very easy to use and ideal for almost any customer. It’s remarkably powerful considering the weightYou can leave your grass longer during summer to prevent it from yellowing and cut it shorter on colder days. Read more about the different types of mower and where best to use them here. On a related note…

Best electric lawn mower UK: Top electric lawn mowers

They have a lot of great products that are easy to use, powerful and most of all affordable, so let’s see if the Speedi-Mo 360 is one of those. About the Flymo Speedi-Mo The biggest plus is the 40-litre grass box. Cutting longer grass on a large lawn would require emptying the box at least once, but on a medium lawn, or when trimming a large garden, it could potentially manage it in one. It’s a little known law that in fact in the UK we are protected by a six year guarantee, though this is never enforced on a day to day basis and would result in catastrophic price increases, or companies selling electric lawn mowers and going bankrupt, only to open up the next day under a new name to void warranties. So the 12 months is both reasonably adequate and fair enough for us to know that we originally bought a working item. It also allows us to factor this into the price. Electric lawn mowers for sale: UK PerformanceNo question that the best electric lawn mowers offer unrivalled value for money, reliability, the least maintenance, and the best performance but come with the sacrifice or needing a power cable. It would not be an exaggeration to say pound for pound this type of lawn mower is three times better value than petrol lawn mowers or cordless models. So in this article we help you find the easiest to use mowers at the best price point be your garden large or small! Trimming too much grass in one go can cause the lawn mower to get bogged down which will make it stop. To combat this, raise the cutting height first before re-cutting it later at a lower height. Assembling the Flymo Speedi-Mo 360C was a little fiddly, but it was still a swift and relatively easy process. There are two main tasks; fitting the handles and assembling the grass box. The Flymo Easimo electric wheeled lawn mower brings a 900 Watt reliable electric motor that’s combined with a blade that can cut a 32cm span. This mower although budget, can effortlessly cut lawn that’s got a little out of control, even six inches of grass won’t stop it easily!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment