276°
Posted 20 hours ago

They Called Me God: The Best Umpire Who Ever Lived

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It has come to pass that, as he called and they refused to listen, so they will call and I will not listen,” said Yahweh of Armies; Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. AND now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and formed thee, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed thee, and called thee by thy name: thou art mine. because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. Then they will call out to me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

For when they had come to know God, they did not give Him glory as God nor render Him thanks, but they became absorbed in useless discussions, and their senseless minds were darkened. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will hear; as they are yet speaking, I will hear. I’ve had a wonderful life. I was an umpire in the major leagues for thirty-one years, from 1962, when John F. Kennedy was president, until 1992, the end of the George H. W. Bush presidency. That’s a lot of games: 4,673, to be exact. During that time I don’t believe I ever made a wrong call. Perhaps that’s why the players lovingly referred to me as God. For having known God, they glorified Him not as God, or were thankful; but they became futile in their thinking and their foolish heart was darkened.

It shall also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their evil ways, then I will listen from heaven, I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land. Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

When I called, they wouldn't listen. So now when they call, I won't listen, says the LORD of Armies. But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. then may You hear from heaven, Your dwelling place, and do according to all for which the foreigner calls to You. Then all the peoples of the earth will know Your name and fear You, as do Your people Israel, and they will know that this house I have built is called by Your Name.

Most Relevant Verses

Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst. He will call me and I shall answer him; I am with him in trouble; I shall strengthen him and I shall honor him. You might be familiar with the biblical phrase the elect. An election is a means of choosing people for specific jobs or offices. The result of any election is that some are chosen or selected, and some are not. The biblical use of “the elect” has a similar meaning, only a spiritual application (see Romans 11:7; Colossians 3:12; 2 Timothy 2:10). Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.

But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! and David inquired of the LORD: "Should I pursue these raiders? Will I overtake them?" "Pursue them," the LORD replied, "for you will surely overtake them and rescue the captives." When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him. Instead, their thoughts turned to worthless things, and their senseless hearts were darkened. But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

Table of Contents

To be sure, God added about 3,000 people to His Church that day, but even so, many others who heard the call chose not to respond. God is calling people in stages Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers(21) They knew enough of God to know that thanks and praise were due to Him; but neither of these did they offer. They put aside the natural instinct of adoration, and fell to speculations, which only led them farther and farther from the truth. The new knowledge of which they went in quest proved to be fiction; the old knowledge that they had was obscured and lost by their folly. Starting with two things--a portion of enlightenment on the one hand, and the natural tendency of the human mind to error on the other, the latter prevailed, and the former became eclipsed. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment