276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dreamegg White Noise Machine, D11 Portable Sound Machine with Night Light for Baby Kids Adults, 11 Soothing Sounds Therapy for Sleeping Nursery Travel, USB Rechargeable Continuous or Timer Baby Gift

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you live with a partner whose snoring impacts your sleep, then a white noise machine might help in making that less disruptive. It’s also worth considering for babies sleeping next to parents or siblings that have later bedtimes. Who might benefit from using white noise machines? The Grohush white noise machine can be used at home or on the go and boasts the unique feature of emitting sounds that only the baby can hear, making it ideal not only for travel but for use in shared rooms without risk of disturbing other family members. Each is digitally created and designed to mimic a natural environment, so the sounds aren’t too harsh, even if you turn the volume right up. My baby responded best to the straight white noise, but we preferred to hear the summer night sounds playing into our room via the monitor. Like others in this list, it’s portable, but it will fit a little more snugly – and more discreetly – than the plush versions. The sound loops are around a minute long – a decent length for such a compact device. However, the speaker’s small size may not deliver deep bass or sufficiently loud volume for certain sounds, such as brown noise or thunderstorms. The buttons on the Dreamegg D11 are very easy to use. They are large enough to be easy to find in the dark, clearly labeled, and you don’t need to read the instructions to work out how to operate it.

I have a MyHummy. It plays for 12 hours straight. Everyone says it eats batteries but that hasn't been my experience at all. I think I must change the batteries once every 2 months or so.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnetter Letsallscreamatthesistene) Our verdict The internal battery, which is recharged using the USB to micro-USB cable provided, is one of the best features of the Dreamegg. You can leave it plugged in if you prefer, but the option to place it anywhere in a room and move it around easily is great. We have the Marpac hush which we love. its transportable and it goes really quite loud. There's no noticeable loop on it either. We have ours plugged in all night but it will last all night once fully charged.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnetter wimbler) Our verdict Maybe it’s me that’s strange and not the device! But I can’t help think that’s kind of a negative subliminal message to play to a child all night long – or even for 30 minutes. I wouldn’t appreciate listening to the words “he can’t” every 30 seconds for even five minutes. VerdictOne of the SNOObear’s most clever features is that it automatically comes on if your child starts crying or there’s noise nearby. I found this to be very effective at helping my baby to resettle, especially during the day. It offers 11 different soothing sounds in total: six of which are for babies and include lullabies, and five that adults can enjoy too (if you enjoy being lulled off to sleep with white noise). There’s a wide range of volume levels (32 in total) and it’s surprisingly clear and powerful for its size. Don’t forget, however, that white noise machines shouldn’t be left on too loud or close to baby’s ears. If you’re struggling to sleep because of external noise, sirens, neighbours or dogs barking for example, white noise machines can be really helpful to mask those sounds so they’re not so disruptive,” explains Dr Browning. “They won’t stop you from falling asleep or wake you up in the night.” In the photo below, you can see that the Dreamegg D11 is a small white noise machine with simple buttons:

Morphée's meditation machine includes a range of sleep sounds—I particularly like the cat purring and fireplace sounds—but I love the meditations that are designed to relax you into a deep sleep. You can unplug it and take it with you, too. It looks like a little music box! Because of this, there’s only one type of noise on the Marpac Dohm – just a standard white noise. There’s no option to play a lullaby or nature sounds, like some of the other white noise machines do. However, you can rotate the cover of the machine to adjust the pitch and tone of the white noise to find the sound that is most soothing to your baby. Pink noise is white noise with the higher frequency sounds turned down. It’s thought to be less harsh, more natural: similar to steady rain or wind rustling through trees. Sounds that otherwise keep you awake, like neighbours talking, car doors slamming or partners snoring, may sound softer and less disturbing through pink noise. What is brown noise? The unconventional fair sound and vacuum noise probably wouldn’t be an adult’s first choice for relaxation, but may work well to comfort some children.

Why you should trust us

After researching dozens of different machines to compile this list of the 10 best white noise machines for babies, our conclusion is that the Dreamegg D11 is the best white noise machine there is. Lectrofan is one of the better ones, can turn it very loud, 10 different white, pink, brown noise and 10 fan noises.” (Tried and tested by Mumsnetter CyberPixie) Our verdict We absolutely loved the Morphée – it’s so simple but has fast become an essential for us. And not just at bedtime – we found we used it to calm down during periods of stress too. Just brilliant. The best white noise machines can be the difference between a restful night and a difficult one. While it’s possible to find a plethora of white noise playlists on YouTube, there are a number of benefits to buying a standalone device. For one, it’s often much more convenient than leaving your smartphone or laptop playing. Baby-focused white noise machines also tend to be designed as a cuddly companion, which can make them a welcome addition to a crib.

The Travel Mini offers portability and flexibility, letting you place it anywhere in the room without worrying about power outlets. The three brightness settings of the nightlight are particularly helpful when navigating unfamiliar rooms in the dark, and some children will find the light reassuring.Before you reach for the melatonin or something even harder, you might want to consider a sound machine. These days, the best sound machines offer a wide range of settings for all kinds of sleepers. The most basic models act as “white noise” machines to drown out ambient noise (think snoring partners and passing subway trains) in your apartment or home. More advanced sound machines add a mix of soothing noises, like falling rain, whale calls, blowing fans, and other nature sounds. The very best models even include next-gen features like guided meditations, built-in Bluetooth, or built-in “smart” lighting to help you fall asleep and wake up more naturally You can control the sound via a Bluetooth app. Once you’ve started the white noise, you might just want to leave it playing all night without making any changes. However, if you want to turn the volume down once your baby’s fallen asleep, for example, this remote feature could be really handy, and might make it worth the higher price.

The lower price means that you don’t get quite as much control over this white noise machine as with other devices – there are only three different noises to choose from, for example, compared to the Dreamegg’s 11. However, once you find a noise you like, chances are you’ll only ever use that one, so this shouldn’t be an issue in practice. My own family has the Filbert bear, which offers five types of white and pink noise, designed to sound like amniotic fluid mixed with a heartbeat, rainfall, sea waves, hairdryer or vacuum cleaner sounds. The audio gently fades away after an hour, but activates again if baby starts to stir – or you can enable a non-stop mode that keeps the sound playing for 12 hours. You can get a week’s worth of nights on 12-hour mode with one set of batteries, but they’ll obviously last longer if you don’t have the myHummy on all night. READ NEXT: The best baby carriers to buy The best white noise machines to buy in 2023 1. myHummy: The best all-round white noise machine for babies Please note that this written review is not an exact transcript of my video above. The video focuses a lot on unboxing the Dreamegg D11 and going through the instructions. And both of those are more interesting to watch than read I think.What’s special about the Whisbear is that it’s not just a sleep aid. To encourage sensory and fine motor development, it features rustling elements in the ears and paws, and is made from different textures of fabrics in contrasting colours. This makes it perfect for your little one to play with before they drift off. Although it might also be a distraction to them in the middle of the night, so you can choose whether or not to put it in the cot with your baby! We love how it can be used at home, plugged into the wall to play continuously. But if you want to take it out and about, it’s neat and compact, and can run off its battery. It has a cute design, with a useful night light that can also be turned off if you prefer. And with 11 different sounds to choose from, there’s sure to be one that your baby enjoys. How we chose our recommendations Portable On the Go】-D11 Max portable white noise machine,combines the greatest convenience with a lanyard and loop, easier to attach the baby stroller or car seat; Makes a whole family vacation to enjoy portable and sleep freedom. Small and compact features, helps it freely fits into a diaper bag, and leaving home without worries. New born essentials for baby. This baby noise machine promote sleeping quality on the go. A powerful sound machine for babies adults on family travel. To call the Hatch Restore 2 a white noise machine would be like calling a Bugatti Veyron a little run-around. While other machines that I tried offer help at nap or bedtime, the Hatch is a “companion” that has so many moving parts and considerations that it’s like having a little sleep therapist on your bedside table. So, if you like the look of a LectroFan model and don’t need it in a hurry, I’d keep an eye on the price too, and try to catch it when the price is lower.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment