276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chef'n GarlicZoom Garlic Chopper, Handheld Garlic & Herb Slicer, Dishwasher Safe, 6.5 x 5.5 x 8.5cm, Green

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When my kids were little, they would have liked using it to help me with dinner (provided they weren’t the ones clearing the minced garlic from the blade chamber). The aromatic scent of garlic in your dishes without the fiddling and the garlic smell which lingers on your hands for a long time. If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. The more you zoom, the finer your garlic will be chopped – without the risk of getting garlic odours on your skin, or your chopping board.

We loved the simplicity of the Chef’n Garlic Zoom when it first hit our shelves in 2008, so we couldn’t be happier that it’s back and better than before. As I see it, if I’m already using a knife and it can get the job done, why would I want to get another thing dirty? When the garlic is chopped, flip it over and knock the lid gently against the counter to force the chopped garlic into the lid area. I am telling you now: Gordon Ramsay did not earn his chops mincing garlic in a Perspex gizmo that looks like a leprechaun’s stagecoach.This tool grates even the hardest Parmesan Reggiano as well as other hard cheeses into fine lacy wisps. For anyone who might have trouble gripping a knife or a garlic press, the Garlic Zoom is invaluable.

Open the chopper, fill it with freshly peeled garlic cloves, roll it over a hard surface and the garlic is chopped! Then, I glanced at the instructions again and saw it recommended two to three cloves, aka the minimum I cook with. Sure, there are tons of tips and tricks out there that supposedly make chopping the pungent herb ten times easier, but none of them really compare to the life-changing Garlic Zoom XL.Read more about the condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). I love how it can quickly mince several cloves at once, how I can get most of the garlic out with a few taps or a quick swipe with my finger, and how easy it is to clean (just run it under hot water). Ginger may fare better, but there will still be fiddly blade-washing afterwards, so either way your fingers are going to see some blue plasters. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.

This updated take on the Chef’n classic fits more garlic cloves, opens completely for easy access to the good garlicky stuff, and is designed for quick and easy cleaning without having to handle those sharp little blades. It is not very efficient – two peeled cloves crammed inside feels crowded, and to get anything like a uniform chop you have to zoom the carriage back and forth hard, like an only child furiously rolling a Tonka truck, or someone trying to erase a mistake. I find myself whipping out the Chef’n Garliczoom a few times a week now, and I haven’t bought another jar of minced garlic since purchasing it.However, it still creates too much washing up for chopped garlic, and at a tenner, is not particularly cheap. A whole bunch of perfectly minced garlic in seconds — definitely faster than I could’ve done with my knife.

Every bit of the Garlic Zoom is dishwasher safe so cleanup is really easy, and if you are washing up the old fashioned way, the blade mechanism has good strong finger holds to help you keep a firm grip while you brush away any garlic residue. Manual propulsion minces garlic cloves or root ginger; chopped product can be collected in the chamber’s upper hemisphere. In fact, with big green wheels and mini blades that resemble ninja throwing stars, the Garlic Zoom does feel a bit child-designed. Established in 1982, Chef’n have spent over 30 years designing a range of innovative tools to make cooking easier and more fun. Set up a tropical dish such as a salad, a marinade for chicken or venison, a fruit or cheesecake, all in the blink of an eye.This small but mighty gadget allows you to mince garlic to your desired texture without dirtying cutting boards or knives with sticky garlic juice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment