276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Learning Resources Colours & Shapes Sensory Pad, Reusable Sensory Bag for Kids, Fine Motor Skills Toy, 16 Fine Motor Activities, 24 Plastic Shapes, Ages 3+

£8.745£17.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These sensory toys are a little more of an investment, and give LOTS of sensory input, which is why they’re listed in this category. But, that doesn’t mean that any child wouldn’t enjoy or benefit from them, because they would! I have several of these toys and none of my children have or need a diagnosis. And, guess what, it’s some of their favorite things in our house! Shaker Eggs– Babies and toddlers will love getting a reaction to their movement when they shake these eggs about. They’re small enough to fit in the tiniest hands! Sensory toys have the potential to be amazing because they do two things. First, they stimulate a child’s senses. That stimulation all goes on inside the brain and is closely related to tons of other skills that your child needs to grow into a fully functional adult. I’m talking about fine motor skills like writing, cutting, and zipping their coat. Our floor mat alarm system is designed to be placed in the doorway to your patient’s private room, or to the whole building. It detects when weight is applied to it, thus alerting you that the patient is leaving through the door. Finally, our toilet sensor can be easily fitted to your toilet and can alert you if the patient gets up or falls.

Musical Footnotes - Total Sensory UK Ltd, Sensory Room Musical Footnotes - Total Sensory UK Ltd, Sensory Room

That’s why when kids get the sensations they need through sensory activities and toys, it helps them do everything they need to do. Kinetic Sand– Less messy than regular sand, this contained kit inspires imagination and gives tons of stimulation to the tactile sense! Crash pad– This is a simple sensory toy, but you can get some serious use out of it. I’ve made one for each for my kids, which is basically a huge pillow with chunks of foam and pillow stuffing inside. They’re great to lay on, but sensory seekers love to jump into them. This provides a pretty safe landing for leaps from the top of the couch. Vibrating teethers– Remember that vibration is one of the strongest types of sensory input? Well, use this teether when your child bites down. Fantastic oral sensory stimulation that can actually help them eat better!

What Are Crash Pads?

Textured Hula Hoop– This is a simple DIY project! Just wrap some different types of fabric around a hula hoop and let your baby explore away. When your child participates in sensory activities, they are learning. It’s critical to their development. Or, gross motor skills like jumping, climbing a ladder, or riding a bike. This stimulation of our senses can even effect how our children read!

Safety Padding - Sense Sensory Safety Padding - Sense Sensory

Baby Ball Pit– All the same benefits of the bigger ball pit, but one small enough for young one’s to easily climb in and out of. Infantino Textured Balls– My youngest son had these and loved them as a baby and toddler. Bonus, they’re super cheap! You might wonder what the advantages of a crash pad are. For autistic children, having a crash pad at home has more benefits than you might realize. A crash pad can improve your child's gross motor skills and planning. By jumping into the crash pad, children with autism receive a large amount of sensory support that provides deep pressure on the leg and knee muscles, good for muscle tone and core strength. It develops coordination and fine motor skills in a non-threatening way.

Why Kids Benefit from Sensory Toys… 

Colorful Spinning Tops– These sensory toys give both visual and tactile input when you spin them, all while you’re working on strengthening fine motor skills. No matter what you do, a crash pad is a fun activity for children with autism. They are a safe landing zone for all children who crave sensory stimulation. It lets the child use his imagination and be creative. Crash pad activities can help calm autistic children, especially if they suffer from anxiety. It will also help the child concentrate in school. Learn 3 Expert Secrets (from me as an OT and mom) to calm and focus your child with specialized sensory activities! Get a free spot here and some awesome printables.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment