276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Agatha Raisin in Down the Hatch

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not a classic but probably as good as we're likely to get due to the passing of the author and creator.

This was taking them even further from their original cozy roots than just having a sometimes unlikeable protagonist. Down the Hatch is the first Agatha Raison cozy mystery completely written by R W Green, the prior book in the series Hot to Trot was a collaboration between Mr Green and M C Beaton prior to her death in 2019. He has written quite a good mystery in his second attempt and the book is worth reading for that alone.W. Green who took over after Beaton’s death; the irascible Agatha Raisin stumbles across another body while on a lunchtime walk. Unfortunately with the passing of MC Beaton you can see the join, even though there is nothing wrong with the writing.

Agatha is too wise and collected, Toni too boring, Roy not self-serving, James too sensitive, Charles not mercenary and Mrs Freeman is suddenly hyper-efficient instead of not really very good at her job but theirs anyway. The dead body she finds with two observers is ruled an accidental poisoning by Wilkes, but our girl has her doubts.So long Ms Beaton and thank you for all the fun, I shall enjoy revisiting Agatha as I enjoy all old friends. A lelkészné is fájón keveset szerepelt, de Charles-ból ennyi is elég volt (bár régebben nagyon csíptem).

Beaton (1936-2019) was the author of both the Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth series, as well as numerous Regency romances. I am sorry to see this installment, compromising what up until this one had been a fun set of books. Agatha sets out to prove it was murder while also handling a case of paternity and a local man who claims there are wizards in his garden.Agatha has turned from her acerbic, irritating, disorganised, man chasing self to a fuzzy, maternal, forgiving version. Agatha is still her insecure but powerfully competent self, but she’s also more reasonable and less likely to fly off the handle. I feel like I know her inside out and if she lived near me I would seriously move away, because I'm sure I'd be the next victim. This was followed by a move to Fleet Street to the Daily Express where she became chief woman reporter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment