276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shot Glass Display Case Large Wooden Cabinet Rack Holder Wall Mounted Black Shadow Box Lockable with UV Protection Acrylic Glass Door Shot Glass Storage Case with Removable Shelves, 17"x32", 52 Slots

£75.535£151.07Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Their flexibility is also a very big positive. You are not restricted to using them for minifigs: Speed Champions cars and other 6-wide models would look great in them. My father-in-law collects thimbles. They look to be ideal for displaying them, too! Many minifigure frames make it difficult to access the figures once they're inside, but not this one: the door keeps the dust off but also opens easily allowing you to play with them whenever you want. studs of width provides ample space for the 16 figures in each series, plus their accessories, although you can of course bunch them up a bit to fit more in if you plan to display CMF series with more than 16 figures. This could potentially be resolved with a shelving unit which has adjustable shelves, like some bookshelves have. A shame this one doesn't have that going for it. I am very impressed at how well it's made. There are no cheap materials or unsightly plastic veneer edges in sight.

Official LEGO frames tend to be a bit garish and not the sort of thing you'd want to hang on the wall of your lounge, and are also expensive if you have a lot of figures to display. The shelves are exactly six studs deep by 64 wide so the unit is supplied with 56 6x8 white plates to cover them.A six stud shelf depth might also be pushing it with some figures who use parts like the snake tail element. I can see from your photos that there's a little bit of extra clearance between the front of each shelf and the Plexiglas window, as is needed to allow accessories like spears and fishing rods to fit neatly. But a character with a snake tail element (already slightly over six studs long) AND large accessories that might need to tilt forward a bit to fit might end up a little cramped unless you placed them sideways, which is hardly ideal for display. However you source the plates, once they are in place you can then do with the frame as you see fit, which in my case was to display the first seven series of collectable minifigures.

It measures about 56cm square and 6.5cm deep. It has seven shelves and a hinged door with a plexiglass window, which is held closed with hidden magnets.Some of the better quality 3rd party ones are based on Ikea Ribba frames but as they are relatively shallow you can't always get every shape and size of figure in them. Even better ones are custom made for the purpose, which is the case with this one that's sold by DisplayFramesUK, a husband and wife team based in Devon in the UK. If you're looking for a frame to display your minifigs in you are spoilt for choice. There's a large variety of different solutions available, both official LEGO ones and those made by others. I definitely appreciate some of the other considerations you judged this cabinet by, though! Besides space constraints, I find that a lot of display solutions don't allow easy enough access to remove minifigures, which is a huge bummer when so many of my favorite minifigures have amazing detail that can't be appreciated solely from the front, let alone when I have a collection I might want to reorganize as I add to it!

My collectable minifigures have been languishing in plastic boxes with many not seeing the light of day for years so when they offered to send me a frame to review I thought it would be an excellent opportunity both to evaluate it and to finally put my figures somewhere where they can be admired.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment