276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doing a Systematic Review: A Student′s Guide

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While other texts may provide a broad overview of the process, strengths of the current text include its attention to detail, its practical approach to situations that may occur in the process, and its inclusion of responses to questions frequently asked by students. A very useful addition to the literature and one which I will be recommending to colleagues and students.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I was lucky to have a fantastic supervisor, but because i work full time I was often working on my SR at night and at the weekends and this book was like having a supervisor sat on your desk with you at those times. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office. Other cancelled products: If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us of this within seven working days following the date of receipt in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations or otherwise as soon as possible.There are plenty of helpful examples and it is so readable and does not bore the pants off you (well, as much as a book on SR can do!

Angela Boland has worked at LRiG (Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group) since it was established in 2001 and has carried out many systematic reviews of both clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of health care interventions. SR methodology is a dry topic, but the style of writing in this book is engaging and accessible and the text is illustrated with real examples that bring the whole topic alive. I especially like the format of the chapters, which start with an overview of systematic reviews and culminate in specialized topics such as including qualitative data and economic variables in reviews. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.User friendly, logical and well structured, the book holds the hand of the reader through each step of conducting a systematic reviews. So far I have only written my systematic review protocol, so I've only needed the first couple of chapters, but I'll definitely be using this book to guide me through the whole process! The text provides step-by-step guidance through the systematic review, providing strategies for success, with tables and process descriptions that are extremely useful. Written by an expert team of authors with years of experience in conducting systematic reviews and supervising students doing systematic reviews, the book provides a roadmap to guide you through the process. Throughout the book, the authors make extensive use of questions posed by real students when carrying out reviews to help you through some of the challenges you may face.

Although it is more suitable for quantitative studies, it has still applied to my qualitative-based systematic review, so I would recommend it to anyone, no matter their background. If you are a Masters or a PhD student conducting a systematic review for your dissertation or thesis, then this is the book for you! This book will not only support you to overcome common challenges and pitfalls, it will give you the knowledge and skills to produce an excellent review and you might even enjoy the journey! There were dark times when i got stuck and felt like giving up, but a quick look at this book usually got me back on track.

This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Although most universities run short classes or modules on systematic reviews, I think this book beats them because it takes everything slowly, step by step. Gemma Cherry is a Lecturer in Clinical Health Psychology at the University of Liverpool and an honorary clinical psychologist (oncology) at Royal Liverpool University Hospital.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment