276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Boardman Waterproof Jacket - Medium

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But what's a waterproof rating!?" we hear you cry. Well, it's basically a number, and the higher the better. The number is calculated on the basis that if you put a 1cm x 1cm square tube over the fabric, how high could you fill the tube with water before it starts to leak through.

If you’d rather go for a more relaxed look, the Ridge Women’s Over Shorts can be worn over the top of regular cycling shorts for extra coverage or even on their own. The clothing has been designed by Chris Boardman and his team to appeal to all types of rider. Available exclusively in Halfords, the range consists of a handful of cycling specific pieces for men and women who like to cycle on the road or on the trail. This is the first thing that appealed; I dislike cycling in tight shorts and super fitted jerseys – I know this is the usual attire for cyclists these days but I’d sooner have some baggy shorts and a loose fitting tee than squeeze myself into anything (ever!). Yes there are road cycling items in the range, but there are also a number of mountain bike specific items, including some specifically for women.

Men's Cycling Jackets

And there you have our ultimate guide to the best cycling clothing throughout the seasons to ensure you are as comfortable as possible on your bike rides all year round. Our fantastic range of cycle clothing includes some of the top brands such as Boardman, Altura, Ridge, Polaris, Donda and more. Just like a bike helmet, when purchasing cycling clothing, you'll want to base your decision on the type of riding you do. All of our cycling gear is designed to fit you correctly and provide exceptional comfort when cycling. We offer stylish options for all types of riding disciplines, such as road cycling or mountain biking. So, as well as enhancing your performance, you'll look great when you’re cycling too. The Ridge Women’s Cycling Leggings also contains a cushioned pad to provide greater protection while you ride and the high waistband also offers an extra level of comfort. I’ll start with the shorts as these are probably the most important and well worn item for me out of the three I received to test out. I have wide thighs and a big butt which often makes shorts and trousers a right pain to get. In fact it always makes shorts and trousers a right pain to get! But with these being a wide leg mountain bike short I am happy to report that they fit well and are comfortable when riding. The internal removable shorts have a large pad which helps make the saddle as comfortable as possible; I mean, nothing makes a saddle really comfortable, but you know what I mean – I would go as far to say these shorts have the best pad I’ve had. The inner short attaches to the outer short with a series of poppers, which is a good move by Boardman as a) I can take the shorts out to wash separately (or just if I want to walk into town without looking like I’ve eaten too much curry), and b) there isn’t any scratchy velcro on the inside of the short to chafe my hips.

Whether you cycle for fitness, leisure, or commuting, a pair of padded cycling shorts are a must-have item during the warmer months . Getting out on the bikes is a great way to enjoy some fresh air and keep active. However, it’s always wise to wear appropriate cycling clothing to ensure you keep cool during Spring and Summer and warm during Autumn and Winter. Ladies can layer up with the Ridge Women’s Thermal Cycling Jersey or wear on its own for keeping warm when out riding during the colder months. Cycling legwear Another great option is the Ridge Men’s Thermal Cycling Jersey with thumb holes that can keep your sleeves in place as you ride, for extra warmth. The Boardman Men’s Thermal Cycling Jersey has a full zip design and contains a silicone gripper inside the hem to prevent the jersey from riding up.

There are a variety of fingerless cycling mitts which can keep your hands cool on warm days but provide cushioning to protect your hands. We recommend the unisex Ridge Cycle Mitts, which have a perforated palm for breathability and contain foam padding to help reduce road vibration. The Altura Progel Mitts have gel padding for even greater comfort on your bike rides. Sunglasses

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment