276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Slug: The Sunday Times Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Young readers will be captivated by Doug's journey of self-discovery and will be inspired by the positive messages conveyed in the story. I highly recommend Slug in Love as a must-read for any child's book collection, and I rate it 4 stars for its endearing characters, beautiful illustrations, and valuable life lessons.

Certain aspects of slug identification will never be easy, but the book provides assistance and encouragement to make the task less daunting and even relatively straightforward. Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond a mere trivial mention.She explores the lovliness of words and the magic of pictures, revelling in a world of jam-eating miniature bears and other made-up animals. The text is full of rhyming words that make is fun to hear aloud, but also offer lots of classroom potential or a great reading experience for a newer reader. In conclusion, Slug in Love by Rachel Bright is a heartwarming and beautifully illustrated picture book that promotes important themes of self-acceptance, friendship, and expressing emotions in a unique way.

She often runs a really long way and was once invited to the selection of the British ultra running team. I liked that it wasn't a snail similar to him that he fell in love with but rather another bug that's pretty different from him. Simple rhyming text along with playful illustrations tell the story of Doug, a slug, who needs a hug. Julie Jenkins, receptionist for the council offices where Brady works, takes a message from pensioner Mrs. It would have been simply matter of fact, had it been a wordless book, but the words added a feeling of mean spiritedness to me.

Although some species are relatively easy to identify, others can be extremely difficult to separate. It's super cute with lovely illustrations alongside really well done rhyming text and has a nice message for little ones too. Slugs have a notorious reputation as plant pests but many species have more varied ecological roles. The illustrations are bright and colorful and simple, so definitely a good picture book for small kids. This positive message promotes empathy, understanding, and acceptance, making it a valuable lesson for children.

Her poems are direct, comic, tragic, warm, thought-provoking and often come with a sting in the tale, but her prose also flows off the page like red wine freely swilled with friends on a night out, or in. I liked the story but overall even I as an adult had a hard time going through the book because of the uncommon vocabulary words so it was okay. I usually have quite a soft spot for children's books that are about animals that aren't usually considered cute.This adorable picture book is a heartwarming tale of friendship, courage, and self-acceptance that will captivate young readers. Brady goes to see if the poison has done its job, but although some of the pellets have gone, the slugs are still there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment