276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They call him the Silent Death, because he kills without sound and leaves none capable of speaking in his wake… And when Adara meets Evren, their attraction is instantaneous, but their relationship is forbidden. This is yet another one of those books that are in the same vein as the Blood And Ash series AND I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT! Romantasy (romantic fantasy) seems to be my newest obsession and may be on its way to become my favorite genre. Maybe surpassing paranormal romance?! GASP I KNOW! We'll see as time progresses. The queen can only see what I allow her, princess. I may be the bastard prince, but I still have power.” The synopsis of this book doesn't really encompass the book that well. It makes it seem like Evren is the villain and that this will be an enemies to lovers romance, but that really isn't true. Yes, he dabbles in the darkness and is set apart from his family, he has a huge heart. The way he protects Adara and cares for the kingdom perfectly represents this. He and Adara had a connection from the first moment they met so it's definitely not enemies to lovers. It's more: I like you, I feel a connection but I don't want to betray my kingdom or my future husband. That latter part doesn't last long when her betrothed shows his true colours.

Not to mention that this book was definitely NOT the typical fantasy slow burn, Evren and Adara might spend this whole series fighting for their lives, but I know for damn sure they wont be wasting a single day. Oh wowza! I did not expect to love this book as much as I did. Constant action, sexy moments, and violent adventure make A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows an exciting read that you simply cannot put down. Adara is a strong character, I like her determination and the fact that she wasn't ready to go down without a fight. I wish we'll see more character development in the next books. Whether you love fantasy romance or are just wanting to enter your romantasy era, this series is perfect!Where is the world building? We are thrown into this narrative with no idea at ALL of what’s happening.

There’s court politics, betrayals, secrets, spice, and everything you could want in a fantasy romance. My complaint? It’s so short! What was happening? WHY was it happening? WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IT WAS HAPPENING? WHAT IS THIS BOOK EVEN ABOUT??? Six roses. Six vials of blood. Six visits to a vampire who could be her salvation… or her damnation. I fell in love with him from their first encounter. He's the Captain of the Guard — mysterious, dark and intriguing who hides a possessive, caring and intense man and has such a dirty mouth ...I love Evren and the heroine which I forgot her name already (this book is forgettable) but there is just something about the dirty talks and secrecy that didn't excite me. The writing just probably doesn't help? I guess. Lastly, and most importantly, this is an obvious ripoff of several different series. After doing some research, I discovered the obvious “copy and paste” in the third book. Stealing intellectual property is shameful. Usually I don’t judge an author’s character, even they write a shitty book. But after learning that, I have lost all respect for this author. This book would've been a 4⭐️ read but I had to deduct half a star because it felt a bit insta-lovey for me. Everything in my original review still stands. This book is highly entertaining, short, smutty, and predictable (but in the best way!). Evren ily. I could overlook this, if at least it gave me some emotion. But nope, in tune with the romance, this gave me nothing except for a weird urge to re-read Sea of Ruin.

Adara is Starblessed and fated to be the savior of the world and marry Gavril who is the crown prince of the Fae. However, it is Evren his half older brother (also captain of the guard) who she is connected to and falls for...and we find out that Evren is half fae from his father and half vampyre from his mothers side. t's been a minute since I've read such a binge-able fantasy series, but oh my God... Evren and Adara were everything. It also was NOT the typical fantasy slowburn, Adara and Evren could spend this whole series fighting for their lives, but I know they wont be wasting a single day. I love a shadow daddy with a dirty mouth, and this dark prince did not disappoint. I would go as far as to say A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows is one of my favorite books of the year. In fact, if this series keeps moving in the direction it is now, it might just become one of my top fantasy series of all time. I know that's high praise, but with how much I enjoyed this read, it deserves it!A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows is a fantasy romance featuring Fae and Vampyres and it's perfect for fans of From Blood and Ash. He's a psycopath who cares about nothing but power and would do anything to get it. I hated him from the beginning and I doubt this will change. Adara feels betrayed by his lies and I get her feelings about it but how could he had revealed these things to her in fear she would tell someone else, and his plans for years would be destroyed? He is a traitor to the Fae court; he is a spy and has access to so much information and resources that losing it all would be costly and destroy whatever it is they wanted to accomplish. I can see the appeal. The smut is btw beyond my expectations. It was quite refreshing. The plot however, is so generic and cliche as it can gets. I feel like I've read ten books with the same plot over and over again lately.

I listened to the audiobook of this, and I couldn't believe how much I loved it. Sometimes I find fantasy on audio (especially the first book) to be a little hard to follow or get into, but the writing and narrating in this book was incredible. This is great for From Blood And Ash fans I believe (at least in the beginning when it was still a fun series…) The relationship between the two main characters would have been better if it was drawn out a little more but hell, I had loads of fun while reading this. I wouldn't say AKOSAS (an acronym too pretty for a book so mediocre, in my humble opinion) is a bad book, it's just painfully underdeveloped.I wrapped my arms around my chest and looked to the window. The setting sun was leaving room for nothing but darkness, and it was falling over the sky like a curse. Betrothed to the crowned prince of Citlali, Gavril Achlys, the Starblessed, Adara, is taken to Achlys Palace to fulfill her destiny.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment