276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ROCKBROS Cycling Bell Vintage Bike Bell Bicycle Bells Adults 75DB Bike Handlebar Bell Retro Bicycle Bell Loud Sound Horn 5 Colors

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some bicycle bells have a one size fits all mounting, while others have different sizes, depending on the diameter of your handlebars. The choice is yours, play around and see what you prefer, you can change it anytime if you want something different. Just make sure the bell in no way impedes your ability to brake and bring the bike to a safe stop How loud should my bike bell be?

Depending on where you’re riding, you could need a friendly bell that’s just a reminder or a horn that alerts others to your presence. Either way, you’re going to want a bell that fits the location. In other words, don’t bring a 90db horn on a quiet bike path or you’ll end up scaring a lot of people, but a quiet ding will be unheard in the noise of a busy city. Of course, if you’re shredding mountain bike trails or riding through city traffic, a loud noise is exactly what you need. Do I want my bell to be hidden or on show? Bells tend to be slightly cheaper, but horns won’t exactly break the bank. In the end, it comes down to where and when you use your bike, and whether you need a lot of volume to be safe. Bike BellsIf I saw in my hand the original and it was probably 50% more expensive I would probably buy the original bell. Lots of road handlebars, as well as flat bars, will be marked with the diameter of the handlebar somewhere around the middle of the bar. A typical road bike size is 31.8mm for instance. If you're unsure, look up the model name and find out the size online, pop into your local bike shop where they can measure up or use a digital caliper or Vernier gauge to measure yourself. Where should I put my bell? Horns are also better for alerting motorists to your presence, as the sound of a gentle bell won’t always carry over engine noise into a car. For some, that volume is a downside. If you’re a cyclist who prefers a more sedate ride, then sounding a horn might not be to your taste. Some also find horns harder to use than a simple bell. That’s worth considering since you’ll need to relinquish at least a little control (usually during a crucial moment) of your bike to sound the horn. Well, so you conciuosly bought an item that can be considered intellectual theft from a company that doesn't give a damn on topics like that and neither do you, as long as it's cheap and looks nice. That it's miles from the quality of the original and that it does harm the original inventor doesn't seem a criteria. That's clearly personal freedom. Personally I do not buy cloned items and I don't buy from companies that offer these. For one out of moral aspects and secondly because I assume if they don't respect the person they are stealing from - why would they respect their customers or care for quality?

Before making your final decision, make sure the bell you want fits on your bike’s handlebars. The bells and horns on this list all fit standard handlebars, but some are more limited than others and some like the Knog come in multiple sizes. If you’re shopping for a kid’s bike, make sure the mount is small enough to fit safely around their handlebars. How durable are the best bike bells? If you do want to fit a bicycle bell, there are now many choices on the market as plenty of bike brands have responded to the challenge of designing a compact and stylish bell that is highly audible. Want to run one on your road bike? Look for a lightweight bell made from brass alloy, or consider a very compact and discreet solution like Canyon's Ring bar end bell. If you're after something that will suit your commuter or retro bike, there are still lots of more traditional-looking options too. I'm not saying that the original makers intended that, I would imagine it is a well-known option in marketing? In reality if they look around for five minutes they can find the same product which is the real thing for a lot less, if they could be bothered to spend a small amount of time to look.You're not legally obliged to have a bicycle bell, but they can be a handy way to give a friendly warning of your approach. We favour a pleasant tone and the option to have the bell sound constantly. Bicycle bells can be a sensible addition to your bike though, whether cycling along shared-used paths or quiet country lanes with horse riders and dog walkers that might not hear a cyclist approaching. The Highway Code only recommends a bicycle bell be fitted. “Be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted.” In the UK, the highway code states "you should fit a bell to your cycle". We take this to mean it isn't the law and that whilst advisable you are within your own rights to not ride with a bell fitted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment