276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ690UKT] Pet Model, Powered Lift-Away, Anti-Allergen, Rose Gold

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Starting life on the consumer PC press back in 1998, David has been at the forefront of technology for the past 20 years. Power alone is an indicator of performance, but the real test comes down to the quality of the components and how well the brush bar can agitate and remove dirt.

Shark Anti Hair Wrap NZ690UKT Pet Model Upright Vacuum Shark Anti Hair Wrap NZ690UKT Pet Model Upright Vacuum

It’s good to see that this is one of Shark’s Anti Hair Wrap heads, which will stop hair from getting caught around the brush bar. It’s a useful addition, even if it doesn’t quite highlight dirt as well as the laser on the Dyson V15 Detect.

Newer Shark vacuum cleaners put the controls on the handle, within easy reach of a thumb, but the NZ690UKTDB is old school, with a solid red rocker switch that moves between three positions: off, hard floor and carpet. I’m pleased to say that everything in the cleaner’s path was picked up and no grains of rice dropped out at the end. With the NZ690UKTDB, the main cylinder can be removed from the floor head, turning this into a more nimble cleaner for getting into those difficult-to-reach areas. This flips open at the bottom for emptying, although as there’s less room at the top than the bottom, I found it needed a bit of a shake at times to get all of the dust out.

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Pet Vacuum [NZ690UKT] Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Pet Vacuum [NZ690UKT]

The power slider lets you choose between hard floor, carpet and deep-pile power modes, which adjusts the speed of the motorised brush bar, plus the slider opens a vent to adjust airflow: closed for hard floors, more open for deep-pile so that the vacuum doesn’t get stuck. uk/shark-parts-accessories/shark-anti-hair-wrap-upright-vacuum-cleaner-nz690-parts-accessories/" on this server. There are a few compromises and the build and ergonomics aren’t quite as good here as on the latest models, but this is a great value option.There’s also a crevice tool and multi-purpose tool to get rid of lingering dirt in other areas, while the vacuum’s plastic tube and 1. Moving onto the pet hair test, I combed cat hair into my test carpet and then gave the vacuum cleaner a pass through the mess.

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ690UKT] Pet

While raw figures give an idea of performance, it’s the quality of the floor head and suction path that can make a bigger difference. The result is a far cheaper model than is usually available, with most of the features that I’ve come to love about Shark upright cleaners, including Lift-Away mode. A refinement of its predecessor, the Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Powered Lift-Away and TruePet NZ850UKT is easier to use while retaining the same quality cleaning power. Perfect for homes with pets, the dedicated pet tool removes embedded hair from upholstery using a mini air-driven brush roll.

uk/product/shark-deluxe-black-anti-hair-wrap-upright-vacuum-cleaner-with-lift-away-pet-model-nz690uktdb-zidNZ690UKTDB" on this server. Last year’s Shark NZ801UKT was one of my favourite vacuum cleaners, delivering power and performance with a great selection of tools. Signature LED lights in the floorhead illuminate hidden dust and dirt so nothing is missed, while the long 8m cord gives you a total cleaning reach of 8. Externally, the Shark NZ690UKTDB is similar to other upright vacuum cleaners that I’ve reviewed from the company.

Shark NZ850UKT Review: Power and flexibility - Trusted Reviews Shark NZ850UKT Review: Power and flexibility - Trusted Reviews

First, I started with a teaspoon of flour on the carpet, and then I gave the NZ690UKTDB a push through the middle on carpet mode. Next, I moved to the harder carpet tile edge test, with the Shark NZ850UKT charged with removing all flour right up to the skirting board. Lift-Away mode is, as always, great to see, turning this upright into a handy portable cleaner for getting into tighterareas. Powered Lift-Away technology lets you detach the main unit away from the floorhead, so you can vacuum your whole home in total comfort – from stairs to soft furnishings and ceilings and light fittings.

This level of power is an indicator that this vacuum cleaner is good enough for most standard jobs; if you’ve got bigger bulk to remove, such as dirt from DIY, then a more powerful bagged cleaner, such as a Henry would make more sense. If you need a very light cleaner, then you may be better off with an alternative model: Lift-Away mode adds flexibility but in this mode, you have to manually carry the bulk of the cleaner where you want it. It’s fair to say that the Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Lift-Away, Pet Model NZ690UKTDB has been outclassed by newer models, such as the NZ860UKT.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment