276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HUAWEI B525 2017 -4G 300Mbps, CAT 6, mobile WiFi Router, NOT UK warranty stock

£35.5£71Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Can you borrow a sim card from any friends or family and try another network and see if the same thing happens?

hoopla so you want to tell me that there is no DEFAULT huawei software for this router? Only the brands ones? The current settings do not allow me to fix the band, but I have got around that with LTEInspecteur If that's the case and all the device is doing is looking for is signal quality then why does what I describe above work, and work every time?Also, as you have two devices, have you tried swapping the sims between them - or is that what you are doing to test as is? In reply to a post by smithbill:my B525 is 18months oldI don't believe his is much younger, I think I recall him saying he bought it around the summer of 2018 and the firmware and UI versions haven't changed since his had it.

If you are talking about the Three HomeFi, I think you will find there are no inclusive minutes or texts with it. It's a 100GB Data SIM with a free unlimited data add-on. When next your mobile contract is due, you might want to consider the free B535 from Three. Although by that time you might have 5G available. (And note that Bridge Mode does not appear to be available on the B535).I ask in this thread as I have no hesitation in flashing this firmware to enable additional functionality (once I ensure that everything is working and I am happy of course) Maximum size for each attachment is 10MB (rar,jpg,zip,pdf,war,txt,docx,doc,png,mp3,mp4,xls,xlsx,gif,jpeg are supported). I've tried this Today but can't seem to boot the router into USB mode, it just boots into standard mode. Is there some indication when it's in USB mode? I keep the pins bridged for about 45 seconds but the lights follow the normal sequence. I'm assuming it's the pads labelled Boot and Ground in the picture? As an update, I managed to get into USB mode but only by booting with the USB connected to my Lappy, couldn't get it to work without. So, I'm convinced the problem has to be the B525 firmware 11.189.61.00.1217 unless anyone has any other ideas (supplier Livewire weren't interested in providing any support whatsoever!)

Flyt routeren til et åbent rum, gerne med et vindue. Sørg for at der ikke er tykke vægge eller andet der blokerer signalet. In reply to a post by jchamier:Less of an issue for rural folk.Would have thought Vodafone or O 2 would have been better in rural locations because of having more 800Mhz bandwidth.

Email this article to your friend

Also have to think how many people are using each network. You can often get figures from company annual reports. Less people on less bandwidth is still good speeds. It works for incoming and outgoing calls, though the outgoing call took about 8 seconds to connect - which seems a very long time indeed when you are just hearing silence. The 65a has more bands however the 23a covers I believe all current 4G bands so the 65a in lieu of 5G is no longer required.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment