276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samson SR850 Traditional Wired Headphones, Black m

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The soundstage could be larger for a semi-open headphone, but at least imaging is accurate. Samson SR850 studio headphones come with high-end sound, but cheap design. Why Buy Samson SR850?

I’ve heard rumors that the 240 does tend to break down over time, but I haven’t experienced it for myself yet. Comfort Comfort isn’t terrible, but you’ll be making adjustments with these. The ear cups are shallow and tend to dig after a while because your ears are basically touching the drivers. Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.On the open box, they come across a tad sibilant but do tame down after some burn-in, and this is further helped with the addition of the 2p mod, which involves taking off the name caps on the left and right side and gluing a 2p coin to each side. Essentially this is mass loading behind the drivers, thus reducing some resonance from the slightly thin plastic. Experience total comfort. Thanks to soft velour earpads, you'll feel like your ears are getting a hug every time you listen. The adjustable headband keeps your cans close, even during the busiest sessions. You'll forget you're wearing headphones at all. Some people assumed they're identical to the HD668B (cup design shared some more similarities than with HD681 line). However they are not. If we’re talking about comfort, Samson’s SR850 headphones are easily one of the best choices within this price range. They’re easily adaptable to different heads and there’s hardly any chance you’ll have trouble with them.

On the other hand, the 850 is crisper, livelier, and more comfortable, but has the treble peak issue. The preset has taken the nuances of the Samson SR850 headphones and off set them to allow you to hear more of your mix. By using a headphone EQ the resonant frequencies can be reduced or even removed and allow you to hear your mix more clearly. To me, it’s astounding that a headphone below a hundred dollars could bear some of these same qualities as the stuff in higher price ranges. Frankly, it’s scary.The Samson SR850 headphones came in a seemingly ‘china-made’ box. Not a surprise considering how much the headphones cost. Straight out the box, that’s all you get together with a mini headphone to 1/4 headphone adapter for professional use and a small product information leaflet. Before you do that though, the best piece of advice I can give is to try and get to know how your headphones sound. Learn their positive and negative points. Find how they balance when playing particular genres of music. Knowing your equipment is the best way to find your own sound.

The DT 880 Pro from Beyerdynamic is a professional set of cans for those with more to spend. An excellent option for serious studio applications. This shouldn’t come as a surprise, considering that they are semi-open, so don’t be surprised when you can hear almost everything outside of the headphones.Compared to Samson’s SR850, AKG K240 headphones are more “balanced” over the audible spectrum. It’s not like the SR850 is bad, but we’d rather recommend K240 over them. I’ve heard Pink Floyd’s “Wish you were here” about a thousand times, but the sense of space and separation of the instruments here is impressive. Normally, the sounds kind of run together, but here they have a chance to breathe a little (no pun intended). When I decided to buy our Samson SR850, I did so because I was on a tight budget. The extensive research lead me to them, and I can’t be more satisfied.

A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. Take a look at the image below showing a snapshot of the frequency range of a Samson SR850 EQ pattern when put through a spectrum analyser. We can see there are so many lumps and bumps in there. The earcups are rather small though, and it is likely that your ears will press up against the drivers which can be a nuisance. Stability 3.0 With velour pads I find the SR a touch more comfy, because of the pleather headband, instead of wings. But HD668B improve more with velours in sound, than SR's do (they sound even drier with velours vs. pleather). However, because the material can’t breathe, you get sweaty ears after an hour of use. We mainly played games on them, and we needed to take breaks once our ears began to ache.

For whatever reason, I don’t find them harsh or sibilant when I’m watching movies or slaying baddies. Go figure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment