276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Guv'nor: The Autobiography of Lenny McLean

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Val eventually had a breakdown and ended up in St Clement’s Hospital:, which was a ‘mentalhospital’ as they were called then. When she recovered, she gave Lenny an ultimatum tostop drinking or lose his family, which seemed to have worked. However, as Kelly explains, unfortunately her father’s moods were not just drink-related, but stemmed from his unhappy and abusive childhood and possibly from undiagnosed mental health issues as well. I was just having a walk about, making sure no one was taking the pee, when I spotted this little sod harassing the merchandise crew. Lenny McLean was born into a large, working-class Irish family in Hoxton in the East End of London. His father, Leonard John McLean Sr., had been a Royal Marine during the Second World War, but after being debilitated by a near-fatal disease which he contracted in India, he became a petty criminal and swindler. He died when Lenny was four years old. [ citation needed] [4]

THE GOVERNOR: The unbelievable true story of my life inside

Lenny 'The Guv'nor' McClean 'treated kindness with kindness and violence with extreme violence' ". Islington Gazette. Zoe Paskett . Retrieved 7 February 2018. Kelly, Guy (7 October 2016). "How Lenny McLean became the hardest man in Britain". The Telegraph– via www.telegraph.co.uk. We had so many issues. We just had these rowing matches and I hated him because of his attitude. I didn’t think I loved him but I did. How Lenny McLean became the hardest man in Britain". The Daily Telegraph. 7 October 2016 . Retrieved 7 February 2018.

The Guv'nor, a documentary about McLean's life, as seen through the eyes of his son Jamie, was released in 2016. [20] The drama film My Name Is Lenny was released in 2017, featuring Australian actor Josh Helman in the title role, and Michael Bisping as Roy "Pretty Boy" Shaw. A reviewer for The Times said Helman was "woefully miscast" as McLean. [21] See also [ edit ] A GYPSY fighter has revealed how he saved a young TV actress from being molested by pervert Jimmy Savile. One of these young girls on the team was a bit of a model, and an up-and-coming actress as well. I won’t mention her name ’cos she’s big news these days. McLean's pugilist reputation began in the East End of London in the late 1960s and was sustained through to the late 1980s. He stated in his autobiography that he had been involved in between 2,000 and 3,000 unlicensed fights. In his prime, the 6-foot-3-inch (191cm) tall McLean weighed over 20 stone (280lb; 130kg) and was considered the "unofficial heavyweight champion of Great Britain". [1]

Daughter of notorious East End hardman Lenny McLean reveals

The hardest man in Britain' batters rival fighter in unearthed clip from new Netflix doc". The Daily Star . Retrieved 7 February 2018. This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Thomas, Anthony (2007). The Guv'nor – Through the Eyes of Others: Lenny McLean was a living legend. These are the true stories of the people whose lives he touched. John Blake. ISBN 9781786064141. He goes on: “A few months later I was doing a show around Christmas time and my pal said, ‘Ere Norm, look who’s over there. It’s your best pal!' I wish he was here now so I could get him some help. I don’t think he enjoyed life. He always looked like he had the world on his shoulders.”In his autobiography, McLean recounts that various film studios had expressed an interest in making a film based on his life and career in unlicensed boxing. McLean wanted Craig Fairbrass to portray him as he had known the actor for some time, and considered that Fairbrass resembled himself as a younger man. McLean travelled to Hollywood to discuss the matter with film studio executives, but their preference for Sylvester Stallone for the part caused McLean to discontinue negotiations. One supposed film promoter, later found to have been a conman, took more than a million pounds from McLean and disappeared. The plan fell into hiatus on McLean's death. [ citation needed] He would buy Kelly 30 chocolate Easter eggs but fly into a rage if she chewed her dinner too loudly. During his teenage years, McLean mixed with various local criminals. He was arrested for petty crimes and served 18 months in prison. [9] After he was fired from his first legitimate job for beating up his foreman, he worked odd jobs. By the age of fifteen, McLean realised he could earn a living from fighting and pursued it as his main means of income. In 1992, McLean released an album of Elvis Presley covers. The album was entitled Lenny Sings.... He claimed "The King meets The Guvnor. It's sure to be a winner." His lead single "Blue Suede Shoes" failed to break into the top 200 and the album was subsequently scrapped. [ citation needed] Acting career [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment