276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What A Waste: Rubbish, Recycling, and Protecting our Planet (Protect the Planet)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This new book has lots of information for children about the state or of the planet, about the pollution and waste that humans create and the things we can do to improve the situation — renewable energy, recycling, eco-friendly alternatives and different ways of living, how to make a positive impact and what we all can do. The book also explains different types of waste management too which is very fascinating to learn about. I found this book a bit overwhelming and depressing-but that is where we are as a planet. Humans have trashed it. Everything you need to know about what we're doing to our environment, good and bad, from pollution and litter to renewable energy and plastic recycling.

What A Waste: Rubbish, Recycling, and Protecting our Planet

Did you know that every single plastic toothbrush ever made still exists? Or that there’s a floating mass of rubbish larger than the USA drifting around the Pacific Ocean?” What can you do to get involved and help? The easy thing to do is to follow the three R’s - Reduce what you use, Reuse what you must use, Recycle what you can not reuse. This is just the start, Jess French’s book has lots of fabulous and important things you can do. Everything we do can make a difference, no matter how big or small.What a Waste: Where Does Garbage Go? is a book that teaches everything you want or need to know about garbage.

What a Waste by Jess French: 9781465481412

Book summary: This book talks about how each of us can actively help protect our planet by reducing the amount of waste we have and learning how to recycle.

More in Offers

Lichtenberg, Georg Christoph (2000). The Waste Books. New York: New York Review Books Classics. ISBN 978-0940322509. Waste books were also used in the tradition of the commonplace book and note-taking. A well known example is Isaac Newton's Waste Book in which he did much of the development of the calculus. [4] Another example is that of Georg Christoph Lichtenberg, who called his waste books sudelbücher, and which were known to have influenced Leo Tolstoy, Albert Einstein, Andre Breton, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Ludwig Wittgenstein. [5] [6] The art is fun, which might seem strange considering how serious the topic is, but I think that approach keeps the subject hopeful. I liked the history of garbage and the frank message of where we are. The book would make a good read for a young person who likes gross out science books, or wants to learn how they can change the world. DK regularly produce high-quality non-fiction books which make the big topics accessible to little people and this read is no exception. We would like to think of our planet Earth as a beautiful and clean place but the truth is we are surrounded by rubbish and it is all our own fault! We have become a throwaway, single use society and that is creating a huge problem with rubbish. Perfect for teaching young budding ecologists about how our actions affect planet Earth and the big impact we can make by the little things we do.

What A Waste by Jess French | Waterstones

In this informative book on recycling for children, you will find everything you need to know about our environment. The good, the bad and the incredibly innovative. From pollution and litter to renewable energy and plastic recycling. The story talks about issues with waste and pollution and how we can try to resolve these issues. It then goes into speaking about the different types of resources the Earth has and its atmosphere. Then the author goes into specific climate issues like deforestation. We then learn about conservation and what we can do to help fix planet Earth. When I spotted the new children’s book What A Waste by DK Books, I knew it was something that I wanted to read with my daughters.

Engage children with digital learning

I found this a fantastic book for young children. The layout breaks the boundaries of how books are usually written. I love the facts that are included throughout, with many of them being ones that I had not heard of myself. Lichtenberg, Georg Christoph (2012). "Notebook E 1775–1776". In Tester, Steven (ed.). Georg Christoph Lichtenberg: Philosophical Writings. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press. p.67. ISBN 978-1-4384-4197-9. Our servers are getting hit pretty hard right now. To continue shopping, enter the characters as they are shown Geijsbeek, John Bart (1914). Ancient double-entry bookkeeping: Lucas Pacioli's treatise. J. B. Geijsbeek. p. 137. waste book+bookkeeping.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment