276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Silver in the Bone: Book 1

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a great fantasy with a lot of aspects taking place in our modern world and others in Avalon. This is more of a wartime tale of broken families, inspired youths, and higher powers using people as pawns. We had the magic I’d been looking for, we had the creepy-but-beautiful setting, we had a problem to solve, instead of just bumbling around.

Silver in the Bone: Book 1 - Booktopia Silver in the Bone: Book 1 - Booktopia

Magic plays a quiet role in this story, and readers may for a time forget there is anything supernatural going on. in this arthurian-inspired fantasy, tamsin struggles as a thief and with taking care of her cursed younger brother.While reading this gripping story, prepare for dark and dangerous enchantresses, powerful curses, and the quest for lost artifacts. I enjoyed Neve’s character and connection with Tamsin because she is good-natured and willing to open up.

Silver in the Bone: from the bestselling author of Lore

Mostly in the fantasy realm, attacks from fantasy creatures describe biting, punching, ripping skin, cutting and beheading with swords and knives, attacking with arrows. But when the only parent she’s ever known disappears without so much as a goodbye, she has no choice but to join in their cutthroat pursuit of enchanted relics to keep herself—and her brother, Cabell—alive. While Emrys is the last person Tamsin would choose to partner with, she needs all the help she can get to edge out her competitorsin the race for the ring. Thank you so much to the author for the free copy provided in exchange for an honest review, and the publisher and NetGalley for contacting me about an ARC for this book! her rival, emrys, suggests that a powerful ring could break cabell’s curse, but they’re far from the only ones going after it.

I will be reading Lore at some point soon, so I can truly figure out if it’s Alexandra Bracken’s writing I don’t like—or just this particular book. Obwohl hinten drauf steht, dass es düster zugehen soll, war ich doch überrascht wie düster es ist, so in Richtung Dystopie würde ich fast schon sagen. Main characters are assumed White; same-sex marriages and gender equality at the warfront appear to be the norm in this world. Upon joining Tamsin, Emrys, and Cabell on their quest, she brings out open-mindedness and helps Tamsin get out of her shell. The discussions of familial bonds, including feelings of belonging and loyalty, are realistic and depicted well throughout.

Silver In The Bone’ Alexandra Bracken’s New Arthurian Novel ‘Silver In The Bone’

Many questions are unanswered and people to stay wary of, but she sets the goal to study up and find her inner power all while facing the unknown. Together, they dive headfirst into a vipers’ nest of dark magic, exposing a deadly secret with the power to awaken ghosts of the past and shatter her last hope of saving her brother.Legend tells of a “Mirror of Beasts,” powerful enough to trap even Lord Death in its accursed glass, but the mirror is not all that it seems. Her rival for the job is handsome and wealthy Roman Kitt, whose prose entrances her so much she avoids reading his articles. I cannot express how much I enjoyed the darkness of it all and the incorporation of Arthurian legend. La trama se entreteje de forma fantástica, no esperaba menos de la autora, adentrándonos en nuestro mundo pero con magia oculta a todo ojo que no posea el don.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment