276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Friday the 13th Collection

£47.345£94.69Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What chance does a telekinetic teenage girl have against a maniacal serial killer with a machete? Return to Crystal Lake to fi nd out...if you dare! Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is the turning point in the series where the films no longer feel like a slasher like the first five films. Instead, it recreates Jason and an undead and unstoppable force that can’t be stopped. Personally, this is where the franchise took a bit of a dive for me but it is still fun and has plenty of fans out there. When people think of the Friday the 13th series the fifth installment, A New Beginning, often gets criticized by fans. It’s very similar to Halloween III: Season of the Witch and how fans hate it even though it is arguably the best in the series. I’m tip toeing around the why these two are similar because I’m trying not to deliver a huge spoiler that can make or break this film depending on how you look at it. Regardless, this film is hated and it’s for a ridiculous reason. I actually enjoy this installment even though it’s doesn’t bring anything new to the series. I only watched it a few times and remembered some cool moments but outside of that I couldn’t tell you much about it until I rewatched with the others in the Scream Factory blu set. This movie did not hold up well and I can safely say that this is the worst in the entire series. It’s almost painful to watch now. NEW Chicago to Connecticut: The Early Career of Harry Manfredini – an interview with composer Harry Manfredini

Starring – Susan Blu (Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School, Deadly Weapon), Lar Park-Lincoln (Children of the Night, House II: The Second Story), and Terry Kiser (Pet Shop, The Golden Girls) Slice and Dice: The Slasher Film Forever (2013) – including interviews with Corey Feldman and John Carl Buechler (78 mins.) NEW It Came from the Vaults: An Interview with La-La Land Records’ Michael V. Gerhard, Matt Verboys, plus Harry Manfredini (HD – 19:14)The acting in this one is pretty solid but there is room for improvements. We get some deadpan characters that are very serious while we get others that deliver some much needed laughs. Aside from Ralph in the first film, the “intentional” laughs are forced. However, the cast in this one delivers a more genuine comedic performance. Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew • Featurette Return to Crystal Lake: The Making of Friday the 13th, A Friday the 13th Reunion, Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th, The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham, Lost Tales from Camp Blood Part 1, Vintage Featurettes The Friday the 13th Chronicles, Secrets Galore Behind the Gore Finally, the death scenes in this film are legendary. A few do take place off camera leaving it up to the viewer’s imagination but the ones we do get are memorable. Effects were handled by the legendary Tom Savini so they insanely fun. Overall, Friday the 13th is a damn near perfect but you are not here because you haven’t seen the film but curious about the 40th Anniversary release. The blu looks great. In fact, it’s leagues better than my DVD release of the film.

Spoiler Alert** The film follows a teenage Tommy Jarvis (Shepherd) who is now part of a state run home for other orphans and delinquents. He is suffering nightmares from his encounter with Jason which as crippled his life. The others in the home with him give him a hard time but one of the young men, Victor, struggles with his anger and kills another resident. This sparks a chain of murders resembling Jason even though he is dead. Tommy and the others fight to survive before uncovering who really is behind the deaths. **Spoiler Alert** When filling out your form, please enter "Friday the 13 th"in the "What Title Do You Need Replaced"section.When you talk to other horror fans they always seem to have their favorite Friday the 13th film and they often look down at you if you don’t agree with them. Over the years I’ve realized that Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter is one of the fan favorites among horror fans. It is the beginning of the Tommy Jarvis chronicles and features Savini once again on effects. Five years after the massacre at Camp Crystal Lake, the legend of Jason Voorhees lives on. Despite ominous warnings, a group of counsellors encounter horrors of their own. The 12 films included in this must-own set: Friday the 13th(1980), Friday the 13th Part 2(1981), Friday the 13th Part 3(1982), Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter(1984), Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning(1985), Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives(1986), Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood(1988), Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan(1989), Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday(1993), Jason X(2001), Freddy vs. Jason (2003), and Friday the 13th(Remake) (2009). NEW Freddy vs. Jason Storyboards and Galleries: Storyboards – Grain Silo/Boiler Room (SD – 46 in all – 3:54) Corrected discs will be marked with “R1” on them. They will be shipped in a rigid cardboard mailer and each disc will be placed in individual sleeves to protect them further in transit.

When I was in college I wasn’t collecting movies like I once was. I was on my own, working a full time job, and a student full time. That doesn’t mean I had cut horror completely out of my life. I just was unable to spend the money on movies like I once was. That didn’t stop me from going out and watching the Friday the 13th remake when it was released. New York Has a New Problem: The Making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (HD – 18:02) PART 10: JASON X: Missing audio during a scene in the film in which Jason kills camp counselors in a sleeping bag.The story for this one is a Friday the 13th film. We follow a killer who was wronged as he kills anyone and everyone that gets in his way. The kills in the woods and how the people die also are perfect for a Friday the 13th films. However, who is doing the killing is what turns most fans off to this film. The story for this one blends the already established Jason mythos with a newer one that paints him more than just an undead slasher. The film gives him a reason to kill aside from revenge with a much bigger family origin story. It would have worked if it was something established 9 films previously but randomly inserting it into the 9th film in the series makes it feel rushed and doesn’t have the impact that it would have had if it was introduced earlier in the franchise. With that being said, it is an interesting concept that brought about a much bigger scope than just a masked man killing campers. Alice Lives features an interview with Alice Cooper and director Jeffrey Abelson about the music from Part VI and the accompanying music video. Legends Never Die speaks to Tom McLoughlin about the famous Hollywood cemetery where he wrote Part VI, as well as his views on what happens after death. Life, Death, and Jason Voorhees interviews Tom McLoughlin at the same cemetery, speaking mostly on the same subjects. The Road to Crystal Lake interviews Sean S. Cunningham and he discusses the longevity of the franchise. In Faceless Evil, Cunningham discusses the character of Jason. Jason Was Here shows what the filming locations of films 3 through 6 look like today. Scream Queens is a 2014 documentary that interviews a number of women within the horror genre about the contradictory nature of the genre when it comes to women. Slice and Dice is a 2013 documentary about the slasher genre featuring many people who work within it. The Trailer Reel presents 12 trailers from the Friday the 13th series all in a row. The Freddy vs. Jason Storyboards galleries contain a total of 437 images while the Production galleries contain a total of 120 images. The Friday the 13th (2009) Electronic Press Kit features interviews with the cast and crew, as well as B-Roll footage. The Friday the 13th Series Newspaper Ad Still Gallery contains 57 newspaper clippings from the theatrical releases of all 12 films. This disc also contains an Easter egg. When the Friday the 13th Series Newspaper Ad Still Gallery is highlighted, press right to reveal a bloody egg, which contains two vintage Cinemax TV ads for Friday the 13th Part II and Friday the 13th Part III.

PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly. Friday the 13th (2009) Electronic Press Kit – interviews with cast and crew, behind-the-Scenes footage NEW Blu-Ray 3-D version of the film (To watch the 3D version, you must have a fully capable 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player) The story for this one takes a step away from the previous films. We still follow people at Crystal Lake but it ties in Jason more while giving us more of the same clichés. The film takes what we already expected and spruced them up so to speak. The characters and how they die is what this one so much fun and why slashers are known for their body counts.

Top 10 Movies

Chronologically, it is another first, like previous Friday the 13th films, where we feature Jason dying for the final time. Honestly, I like it but it is far from my favorite of the series. It gets my respect but I can’t proclaim my love for it like others do. Starring – Kane Hodder (Jason Goes to Hell, The Twilight Zone), Lexa Doig (Supernatural, Smallville), and Jonathan Potts (The Strain, Swamp Thing) Audio Commentary With writer/director Tom McLoughlin, actor Vincent Guastaferro and editor Bruce Green The story for this one is a continuation of the first film while, in a round about way, delivers the same story. We follow a group of counselors who are preparing to open a summer camp on the same lake murders took place. Almost all the same characters are rewritten from the head of the camp, his love interest, the horny counselors, and the comedian. The killer is obviously changed but the regurgitated story still works. Slasher fans want boobs and blood and the story works both of those in.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment