276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Last Orphan: The Thrilling Orphan X Sunday Times Bestseller (An Orphan X Novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But who knows if, like Michael Myers, the unstoppable Evan Smoak will delight fervent fans by coming back? I enjoyed this historical fiction and enjoyed Tommy's character, his friend Clara and his three-legged dog's devotion. But before he’ll go through with an assassination, he vows to first see if the mission requirements align with his own core beliefs, which quickly becomes an issue for him after new details emerge—forcing Evan to decide once and for all whether he’ll abandon his own values to once again become an operative for the federal government, or risk putting a target on his back that even he can’t run from. Hand-to-hand, network intrusion , escrima knife fighting, psy-ops, SERE tactics—he’d endured painstaking training to become something more than his humble origins would have suggested he could be.

When Evan looks into the president’s request, he discovers a link between Luke Devine and his parties in the Hamptons and two dead bodies discovered in a ghetto apartment. Just when I thought the Orphan X novels couldn’t get any better, Gregg Hurwitz takes the series to an even higher level. Gregg Hurwitz delivers another blockbuster hit with The Last Orphan, one of his best novels to date and an early contender for book-to-beat in 2023. Every time it looks like Gregg Hurwitz can’t top himself, he delivers another impossible-to-miss thriller .I found this book to be one that caught my attention from the beginning, when I got bits and pieces of information on this historical era, and maintained my attention when additional facts were given. However it is based on the real life part of history known as "the Mountain Meadow Massacre" It takes place mostly in Utah from 1857-1861. No spoilers from me, but if you're ok with a bit of gratuitous drama it's not a bad read, and the ending is satisfactory.

A lethal game of cat and mouse begins between Evan and the security team but just when you think Evan is going to hunt them down one by one, he decides to strike at the serpent’s head and attempts a power move on their boss. Having eliminated most of the Orphans in the program, the government will stop at nothing to eliminate the threat they see in Evan. Now the president has him in her control and offers Evan a deal—eliminate a rich, powerful man she says is too dangerous to live and, in turn, she’ll let Evan survive.

When the soldiers came to round up the other children, he hid from the soldiers and stayed with his adopted family. I loved the authentic voices of one small boy and the two women whose undying beliefs are tested until the end. In the collective absence of Joey and Mia, Los Angeles had felt quiet enough for Evan to rediscover the fierce loneliness in freedom.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment