276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Microplane 48310 Ginger Tool 3in1 Grate Peel Slice Stainless steel / White / Grey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When used with harder ingredients, a fine grater produces powder-like results that pack an intense flavor. A wide panel incorporating Microplane's top-selling Fine blade, makes fast work of grating ginger, and a razor-sharp, angled blade towards the bottom of the tool thinly slices ginger with ease and precision. I tried using a slightly sub-par root that was lurking in my produce drawer and it turned into an unusable tangle with all the goodness tied up in the shreds. The tool often comes as a rounded ceramic dish with dull teeth in the center or as a flat, stainless-steel device with a handle.

But in practice, these differences didn't matter: Tasters found ginger of every texture acceptable and very similar when eaten raw (added to soy sauce as a dip for tofu). The stainless-steel ginger graters are also ideal, as the flat surface is easier to press down on and move quicker in a safe way. The finer, sharper, closely laid out teeth of the 3-in-1 tool make grating ginger not only easy, but fast. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.You can also grate the fresh and the frozen ginger with our ribbon and extra coarse blade for bigger ginger pieces, use those in chutneys, curries, jams, or make stews or Asian dishes to create a spicy taste experience. When grating the ginger with the coarse blade, the texture is slightly stronger and is great for smoothies, homemade ginger lemon soda or freshly brewed ginger tea. The ultra-sharp, photo- etched , fine blade - made in USA - grates ginger in a spoonable consistency. This product has been classified as essential item by the New Zealand Government and can be purchased and delivered during lockdown.

They work as a great option for grating garlic cloves, achieving fine chocolate shavings, or shredding hard cheeses.Sign up now and feel safe knowing Webbs will treat your information with the utmost care and will never sell it to anyone. A razor-sharp, angled slicing blade towards the bottom of the tool thinly slices ginger with ease and precision, retaining all of the root vegetable’s natural oils and aromas for optimum and full flavour. The only flaw I could find was with the small plastic protrusion that’s intended for peeling the root. CONVENIENT USE - Non- slip handle for comfort and stability to grate or slice without applying much pressure on the food. Globally recognized, Microplane is the original manufacturer to apply photo-etching technology to graters, an innovative process designed to create ultra-sharp cutting edges.

These days most recipes featuring ginger are developed using a rasp-style grater, which produces fluffy bits rather than a puree. We all know and love the classic Microplane grater and zester, which, other than zesting citrus, is good for odd jobs like turning a block of hard cheese into a fluffy pile, dusting cinnamon on a hot drink, or even trimming a frozen cake into the shape of a doughnut. We added a little knob on the side of the tool that acts like the back of a spoon to peel ginger easily. With the side scraper on the side peel the ginger quickly and easily without needing a spoon or knife.I use mine regularly, but over the past few months, I've found myself reaching for a new style of Microplane grater: the 3-in-1 ginger tool.

To a lesser degree, the size of the grating surface also helped determine speed: The larger the area, the more ground we could cover before starting a new stroke or before the ginger clogged the holes. The grater is also dishwasher safe, a bonus for busy kitchens where usage of this product would be high. However, when using a ginger grater of the ceramic variety, the circular walls and raised center help separate the ginger fiber (which stays caught on the teeth in the middle) from the juice and purée (which move to the outer edges,) helping you get more ginger for less work.If you grate ginger with the zester, the fine or the star blade, it gets a soft, moist consistency and dissolves completely in dressings, sauces, marinades or soups. A ginger grater is a tool designed for optimally mincing ginger, and it is made for getting the most out of the irregularly-shaped root. For years I’ve used the rasp-style Microplane zester-grater, which works great to cut through the root’s tough fibers. Models with etched or stamped holes made quicker work of grating than did those with “crowns” (bigger, ragged-edged etched holes), teeth, or nubs, taking less than a minute to produce 1 tablespoon of puree.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment