276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Not Now, Noor!

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The three cricket stars will appear on CBeebies Bedtime Stories ahead of an exciting summer for women’s cricket, which sees the Women’s Ashes taking place alongside the men’s competition, followed by the third series of The Hundred which has seen record-breaking crowds attending women’s cricket matches since its inception. is a celebration of Muslim women and gently approaches the religious reasons for wearing a hijab in a light-hearted way for children. The three women join the ranks of other sports stars reading bedtime stories including Rob Burrow, Jessica Ennis-Hill, Anthony Joshua, Harry Kane and Leah Williamson, while celebrities who have appeared on the show include Rose Ayling Ellis, Tom Hardy, Dolly Parton, Harry Styles and Kate Winslet. Set in modern-day Ghana, Alexander’s verse novel for 12+ is a visceral, gripping coming-of-age story. Luckily, her wonderful mother not only explains why she wears a hijab but also explains to Noor some of the reasons why she might wear a hijab herself when she is older.

Not Now, Noor! By Farhana Islam | Used | 9780241552476 Not Now, Noor! By Farhana Islam | Used | 9780241552476

Faizah sees her sister as a princess wearing her beautiful blue hijab, but not everyone at school sees it this way. This heart-warming yet funny tale is a celebration of Muslim women, curious children, and family love. Back to the story, Noor starts by asking her sister, the coolest hijabi she knows, if she wears it to hide her snacks in, or hide her big ears, but Affa brushes her off with a, "not now, Noor" and she is off to the next family member to ask. Noor’s facial expressions, from excitement to dismay, are brilliantly funny and work well alongside the text.Abtaha says: “I absolutely loved reading a CBeebies Bedtime Story, it’s like nothing I’ve ever done before and I’m really excited to see it come to life. Nabila Adani lives in Jakarta Indonesia and enjoys illustrating different cultures around the world.

BBC CBeebies HD - Schedules, Friday 14 July 2023 - BBC

When Luki’s mountain village in the Philippines receives an invitation from President Roosevelt, asking them to visit the World’s Fair in Missouri, Luki leaps at the chance to defy the village elders.This 32 page book is incredibly adorable and silly, and yet so vague in the answer that is the whole premise of the book, that it really has me wondering why we are so afraid (in children’s books and possibly in our daily lives) to say that we wear hijab because Allah swt commands it? When Noor finally gets to her mom it is she who answers with poetic lyricism, “We are Muslim women, my Noor, Unapologetic and true. With games across both competitions set to take place in the biggest stadia in the country, and multiple matches also to be broadcast on the BBC, fans will have numerous chances to watch the women’s teams in action.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment