276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fractal Design Torrent Compact Black - Dark tint tempered glass side panels - Open grille for maximum air intake - Two 180mm PWM fans included - Type C - ATX Airflow Mid Tower PC Gaming Case

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For the purpose of our tests, a high-end Core i9-12900K is configured to 175W and cooled by a be quiet! drives are increasingly popular, and motherboards now often include ports for three or more, but I still would’ve liked to see more storage support here. For this review, we received the Torrent Compact with RGB in black and the lightly tinted glass panel. Full-length mesh filters line the front and bottom, there’s a bundled GPU support bracket to help prevent unwanted sag, and not to be deterred by last year’s faulty batch, a SATA-powered Nexus 9P Slim fan hub allows up to nine PWM fans to be controlled from a single header. It's unquestionably easier to build a system inside the Nano than any other Mini-ITX case we've ever tested.

Torrent Nano — Fractal Design Torrent Nano — Fractal Design

But since the original Torrent was tested on our previous testbed (with an Intel Core i9-9900K and an RTX 2070 Super), not our new i7/ RTX 3070 Ti setup, this isn’t meant as a direct comparison. But it’s nice to see some creativity once in a while, which we get with the Fractal Torrent Compact. Fractal Design has had quite the tried and true range of cases for the longest time, with the Define and Meshify lines taking center stage.

While its bigger brother can accommodate up to seven 120/140mm fans or four 180s, Compact houses up to six 120s, four 140s or two 180s. A signature RGB strip along the side of the PSU bay is still present on TG models, and as expected, the storage requirements of a modern-day build are well catered for. Seamless tempered glass panels allow you to show off the inside of your build, showcasing your high-end components and building skills. Firstly, all Torrent enclosures emphasise front-to-back airflow and builds should be planned accordingly.

Torrent — Fractal Design Torrent — Fractal Design

Since we reviewed the original Fractal Torrent last year we have included our results from that case as well as the new Compact model, in part because we don’t yet have any other results from our new test rig.I took the fans out of the case to get a better look at them, and it’s clear Fractal didn’t skimp out on the quality, because they also come with foam dampeners. There are plenty of airflow-focused cases with front panels composed entirely of mesh that could double as a bee-keeping mask.

Fractal Design Torrent Compact Black Mid Tower PC Gaming Case

Overall, it’s the same Torrent I know and love, and despite the fact that almost every little detail of the case has been moved or tweaked to fit the new form factor, at the same time, it looks and feels very much the same. The simple explanation is that we are perfectly happy with cases such as the Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO that rely on 120mm and 140mm fans and do not feel an immediate need for 180mm fans. Given the success of last year's Torrent, Fractal Design was always likely to follow-up on its popular 'all-airflow' enclosure with smaller mainstream variants.The Fractal Torrent Compact and the Fractal Torrent Nano are the most recent additions to the Torrent family lineup. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. As you can see in our chart, the 180 mm fans on the Torrent Compact do a great job at minimizing sound while providing more airflow than a 120 or 140 mm spinner would.

Fractal Design Torrent Compact Black - Solid side panel

When we reviewed the original Fractal Design Torrent last year, we were impressed by its front panel not only for its looks but also for its thermal performance. Built to maximize cooling potential straight out of the box, the Torrent comes with a brand-new component layout and two custom-made 180 x 38 mm Dynamic PWM or Prisma RGB PWM fans. I'm just concerned that it won't really match the aesthetic of my entertainment center as well as the N200 does. The Torrent is a perfect fit for anyone serious about high-end cooling – with or without a custom water loop. While that worked well enough we think we may have made a mistake, not least because there is a fair amount of steel in the floor of the case that obscures those huge 180mm 1,200rpm fans.Our editors hand-pick these products using a variety of criteria: they might be direct competitors targeting the same market segment, or they could be devices that are similar in size, performance, or feature sets. Our acoustic test consists of three scenarios: We run the CPU at full load, the CPU and GPU at full load and an optimized idle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment