276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Holiday In The Hamptons: the brilliantly feel good summer romance read from the Sunday Times bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This, she thought, was one of the disadvantages of having a twin. She could hide the way she was feeling from everyone else in the world, but not from her sister. A little awkward? That’s like calling a hurricane a light breeze. This isn’t a little awkward, it’s mega awkward, it’s—” She floundered for a description and gave up. “Forget it. No word has been invented that correctly reflects this situation.” And even if it had, she wouldn’t be using it. She didn’t want Harriet to know how bad she felt. Why were you running?” He closed his hands over her arms and drew them gently in front of her. Then he turned her hands over so he could examine them. His fingers were broad and strong, and her hand looked small in his. Delicate. In New York? I don’t know. I doubt he knew he’d be this close to you. It’s not as if you’ve been in touch.” I've not previously read anything before by this established author, but that wasn't going to stop me. One look at this blurb and it had me requesting on netgalley with no time to waste. This author already has existing books in the 'from Manhattan with love' series but this was to read as a standalone, with the being said now I've had a taster of what this author has to offer I'm definitely interested in reading more.

Fliss didn’t care. To her, Seth Carlyle was pretty much the most perfect thing she’d ever laid eyes on. More?” Fliss thrust a spoon into the yogurt, deciding it was time she shifted the conversation. This was starting to feel uncomfortable. “I’m young, free, single and living in New York City. What more is there? I have the world at my feet. Life is perfect. I mean, seriously, could life be any more perfect?” Nothing is wrong.” She didn’t mention the fight with her father. She never talked about it with anyone. She didn’t want people to know. She didn’t want sympathy. She didn’t want pity. Most of all she didn’t want people knowing how bad those fights with her father made her feel, not just because she’d learned to hide her feelings, but because part of her was afraid that saying the words aloud might give them credence. She didn’t want to give voice to the niggling thought that maybe her father was right. That she might actually be as worthless and useless as he believed her to be. If you’d done what you planned to do and just walked in there and said, ‘Hi, good to see you again,’ you would have cleared the air and you wouldn’t be glancing over your shoulder. Things will feel easier when you’ve actually seen him.”The cloudless blue sky seemed hazed with gloom, and she knew that until he left again she was going to be dragging her bad mood around like a ball and chain. Holiday In The Hamptons es el quinto libro de la saga From Manhattan With Love escrita por Sarah Morgan y en esta ocasion narra la historia de amor de Fliss ( personaje secundario en las novelas anteriores ) y Seth. Fliss and Harriet are twins and they run a dog-walking business in New York together. They are successful at what they do and enjoy working together. Fliss and Harriet are quite different from each other. Fliss is fierce, closed off and strong, while Harriet is softer, kinder and more evasive. The twins are close, they had a difficult childhood and Fliss was always looking out for Harriet. She thinks Harriet is the nice twin and Fliss is the hard, much less lovable one. However, is that really true?

If she was as worthless as he believed then she should probably run into the ocean, but he’d be pleased to be free of her, and she was damned if she was going to do a single thing that might please him. I rarely love second chance romance. When at last they come together , I always feel the regret of years they lost. Same happened here. And that too 10 years! Seth had rarely seen her father. Almost all his impressions of the man had come from Fliss and Harriet’s reaction to him.You see? I can’t possibly talk to him because I’m not in charge of my emotions. But you are. You should definitely pretend to be me. That way you could have this conversation and get it over with and you won’t feel awkward.” The thought made her frown. Not even by virtue of a thought did she want her father to tarnish her relationship with Seth. If I leave your father, I’ll lose you. He’d make sure I don’t get custody, and I don’t have the money or influence to fight that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment