276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seagate FireCuda 530, 2 TB, Internal SSD, M.2 PCIe Gen4 ×4 NVMe 1.4, transfer speeds up to 7300 MB/s, 3D TLC NAND, 2550 TBW, Heatsink, for PS5/PC, 3 year Rescue Services (ZP2000GM3A023)

£67.43£134.86Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks for your videos man. Currently in the process of deciding if Firecuda 530 is overkill for my PS5 use case. I won’t be streaming, recording, etc just playing mainly RPGs (a little 2K and Madden here and there). I know buying this would be “future proofing” but is that even a valid phrase anymore with how fast the tech industry moves. WD sn850 dropped less than a yr ago and has already been surpassed in performance and reliability on paper. Fast forward a yr from now, I imagine the same will happen with this drive. You can never keep up! The first very clear thing is that the performance clearly scales quite hugely as you go through each capacity tier. The 500GB model features a rather underwhelming 3000GB sequential write compared with the more than double 6,000MB/s and 6,900MB/s reported on the rest of the series, but the sequential read performance of all capacities is still reported at 7,000MB/s (with a peak of 7,300MB/s at the highest end). Likewise, the 4K IOPS scales noticeably through the tiers, with the 500GB being the only version that does not break the 1,000,000 IOPS rating. Understandably this is an architecture/physical NAND scale limitation, but it definitely worth highlighting, as many buyers who are looking at the Seagate Firecuda 530 series and are somewhat intimidated by the higher price tag over other M.2 PCIe4 NVMe SSDs (but still want the endurance and durability of use) might scale to the 500GB model and then be unaware they are getting a very different ‘write’ experience. That said, modern PC and console gamers who are going to use the Seagate Firecuda 530 are going to largely need to focus on Read activity. For a better understanding of the most commonly used terms in the word of SSDs, take a moment to watch my video below that breaks down all of the most complex and repeated terms and anacronyms into plain, chewable English! Probably the best PS5 SSD expansion coverage on YouTube. I had never heard of you until he started following these videos since I have a PS5 Thank you so much for explaining the durability period for the M.2 drives. My big worry is that the Ps5 will place strong demand on the M.2 drives and thus lessen the durability of them over a short time. I very much appreciate it especially because no other YouTube channel is discussing this issue.

The drive is fairly standard in height to other m.2 NVMes, however, it is easy to forget that the micron NAND featured in the Firecuda 530 is significantly higher quality than many at 176L (something we will touch on later). if you are still going around in circles and need direct consultation, we have just started providing one-hour consultations via zoom. You can find out more about them via the link below: The Seagate FireCuda 530 is the fastest PCIe 4 NVMe SSD we’ve seen to date. It’s a bit pricey, but the extra cash also delivers outstanding longevity and support. Highly recommended.Join the Inner Circle? The Inner Circle is a community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about the same things you are. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get replies from me and other Inner Circle members who are dedicated to helping each other out.

After two (out of eight) Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB fails less than 10 months, I had swear to myself not buy their product again. Yes they replace the broken SSDs because its under warranty, but the lost data on the SSDs are irreplaceable and cost me few contracts and projects, not counting the intangible losses.

You can really only get the most out of the Seagate Firecuda 530 with 1TB and up, so if you’re gunning for a 500GB SSD, you can get a cheaper one that does the same job. I was looking at the 2TB 980 Pro Heatsink but after watch this decided to get the 2TB FireCuda 530 Heatsink ???? As mentioned (about a million times, I know) the Firecuda 530 features M.2 PCIe4 architecture, arriving in NVMe 1.4 revision. This is an important detail as, although there are currently a large number of PCIe4 M.2 SSDs on the market, some are using older revisions. This can be updated in some cases, but it is by no means consumer-friendly/universal. I’d love to see somebody testing an 8tb internal NVMe drive in the PS5. I’m aware that Sony have stated that 4tb is the maximum capacity.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment