276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Freddie Mercury: A Life, In His Own Words

£4.95£9.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would never believe that a book would contain his actual words if it was filled with details of his sexlife or his private life. It definitely took me out of the moment of reading to realize things like that, which I believe is more of an editing problem than anything else.

Con ese conocimiento creo el símbolo de lo que un futuro sería llamado Queen, con Brian en la guitarra y Taylor en la batería. Another thing I love is the constant name-dropping (cue fan-girling when Phil Collins is mentioned) and the direct references to songs (cue internal CD player). No le doy las cinco estrellas porque no sé cuán verídico es todo lo que "Freddie” nos cuenta en este libro.Instead of a biography, in which the subject’s life is presented in a timeline and with a set of sources by a biographer, this book is put together to be Freddie Mercury’s own words. But as the pages turn, we see a Freddie Mercury gradually changing the priorities in his life to one more sedate and necessarily changed by the cloud of the HIV/AIDS virus beginning to shadow the gay community.

So I did, having been a Queen band fan since they first came onto the scene very much in my early years and now at 72 years, i must admit that I did know that this book existed. What Greg and Simon have done is meticulously put together quotes from Freddie throughout his career and shaped them into cohesive chapters, so the book reads almost like an autobiography. That being said, I really did enjoy just reading his words and thoughts brought out in such a manner.La semana pasada vi el biopic Bohemiam Rhapsody (que grandes eran )a raiz de esto me informé de toda su existencia y trágica y dolorosa muerte que pena! His rise to fame in the band followed by the media coverage of his lifestyle and finally his tragic passing due to AIDS have been well documented in books, documentaries, and even the film Bohemian Rhapsody. I think Queen songs are pure escapism, like going to see a good film – after that, people can go away, and go back to their problems. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. His quotes build up a peek for the reader into his life, however, he never once discusses his lover from 1984, Jim Hutton, who has sadly passed away.

Il risultato è stato un libro che non vedevo l'ora che finisse, ma che ho comunque letto fino in fondo per rispetto del protagonista. In addition to his work with Queen, he also led a solo career and was occasionally a producer and guest musician (piano or vocals) for other artists.Se la cosa vi può consolare, io penso che ci siamo tuttə fattə un’idea di lui che, se siamo fortunatə, è un frammento della sua personalità: è stato uno di quei personaggi che entrano nelle nostre categorie mentali e si divertono a mettervi scompiglio. As much as i love Queen band this was my first book to read about them but more about Freddie Mercury it was a brilliant book and it sounded just like him (i mean what i have seen on youtube interviews with him) . He talked so much about how important Queen was to him on so many differing levels throughout his career. There were parts of this book that were clearly adapted from interviews of Freddie Mercury and you could almost tell that there was context missing, such as the question asked or perhaps something else he said that hadn’t been recorded. There’s also no set chronology, only themes to start chapters off and occasional notes to give the readers greater context of the time, place, or person Freddie is discussing.

Queen in July 1985 rehearsing for Live Aid: Brian May and Freddie Mercury, with Roger Taylor and John Deacon behind. I also wished that the quotes had been credited; who they were spoken to and especially when they were said would have helped immensely to put things in perspective. On a lighter note, while I'm here lamenting the death of the great Freddie Mercury, he's out there in hell (at his own request), having fun with all the fun people down there, not giving a damn, so maybe I should move on too?The book covers Freddie’s origins and history, many and various subjects in between, and of course covers the fascinating journey of Queen, all from his unique perspective. Cuando tu ídolo a marcado un época y es una leyenda, como Freddie Mercury, lees todo sobre él, y más cuando he utilizado muchos de sus temas, muchas de sus letras en mis novelas.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment