276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hasbro Monopoly 1997 Star Wars Monopoly Limited Collector'S 20Th Anniversary Edition

£22.975£45.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The gameplay is fairly standard with apartments and towers to replace the houses and hotels whilst Jedi and Sith cards take the place of the Chance and Community Chest cards. It really ties in elements of the series in a way that does cause the game to drag on for hours or days like the original monopoly. For me, that’s the older movies, and in particular the original adventure, so my personal pick is the Monopoly: Star Wars 40th Anniversary Special Edition which combines the classic movie with a top-quality Monopoly set. The gameboard is a bit bland in my opinion with just a black space scene across the middle, the properties in this game are planets and droids whilst Tie Fighters and X-Wings are used instead of houses and hotels. La única diferencia es que se incluirá un instructivo (maltratado y doblado) entre la caja del juego y la caja principal.

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted that this is the second Monopoly game released in 2015. The aim of the game is true to the original Monopoly game as you build Fleets and Bases in place of houses and hotels whilst avoiding going bankrupt. It’s a fairly faithful representation of the classic Monopoly gameplay with the standard amount of spaces around a colorful board that has large illustrations of the 4 main characters. The Community Chest and Chance cards have become Scoundrel and Smuggler cards whilst properties are represented by Star Wars locations, vehicles, and power sources.

This version of the game covers the entire Skywalker saga with characters and places from all three of the trilogies. The gameplay itself is pretty true to the original and the game board design is one of my favorites. The quality of the pewter playing pieces make this set worth seeking out for fans of the prequel trilogy 14. I loved how it had a lot of variations from the original game, (republic credits, protecting the Child, battling characters, etc.

MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc. As you move around the board you’ll collect not properties but characters from Episodes V and VI of the Star Wars movies and The Mandalorian TV series. BATTLE IMPERIAL ENEMIES: Includes an Incinerator Stormtrooper, Death Trooper, and Moff Gideon enemy tokens that can change gameplay and lead to battles. That being said the design is likely to appeal to children with a large illustration of The Child taking up much of the board. The playing pieces in this edition are either droids or spaceships, including the Millenium Falcon, Death Star, and R2D2.

The gameboard features famous places from the Star Wars universe including Hoth, Tatooine, and Kashyyyk. Released to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the movie, it’s a high-quality set with pewter bust tokens including Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, Han, Lando and Wicket, the ewok. The quality of this set is good with plastic imperial credits that are a nice alternative to the usual paper money and decent quality plastic character pieces.

The playing pieces are really detailed representations of Han, Chewy, Lando, and Qi’ra, they are plastic. The latest in the series of Star Wars Monopoly board games, the Star Wars Boba Fett Edition celebrates the legendary bounty hunter and the galaxy of characters he has encountered. The outside box has the typical fold in tabs that rip and get ruined almost immidiatly so I decided to cut off all the flaps and turn it into a sleeve instead. Detailed figures of main characters, slightly different gameplay to standard monopoly but great fun for all the family. Characters include Captain Rex, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, General Grievous, and Asajj Ventress.Released when the Saga consisted of just six movies, this set is made to a really high standard and features some of my favorite game pieces from any of the games. Pewter tokens include Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, Palpatine, Asaj Ventress and the Grand Inquisitor, and the properties are all replaced by evil allies. This edition adds to the classic Monopoly rules to create a whole new board game experience where you have to protect ‘The Child’ from enemies. Your character choice affects the gameplay more than in standard Monopoly since each character has a different special ability which can be further enhanced if you get ‘The Child’ token.

I really like the design of the game board for Monopoly Clone Wars, it features loads of different characters beautifully drawn in the center of the board, whilst the spaces around the edge look a lot like classic Monopoly. As with all the older games, the eight pewter character pieces are exquisitely detailed and are collectible in their own right. Algo importante a considerar es que el juego viene en inglés, no importa si compras la versión en español. This may be an attempt to reduce plastic use but it means all your cards and money get mixed up when you pack the game away, which is pretty annoying.

If you want to make the game a bit more Star Warsy there is an optional rule to use the Force when you roll a double which allows you to do things like use a Jedi mind trick to collect extra tokens.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment