276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser Professional HD 280 PRO Over-Ear Monitoring Headphones

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On a sliding scale between these and the V6/7506, these may be more realistic though the V6 hits the sweet spot between being pretty neutral and not really lacking either. They will fit comfortably in a backpack but are too cumbersome for pockets even larger jacket pockets. One of these pieces of foam was a little ill-placed in my pair, but I fixed that by quickly popping the pad off and re-seating it.

While the Sennheiser show a more neutral sound profile, they perform more inconsistently with different people.The faux leather cup material also sweats a bit and you’ll be making semi-frequent adjustments over long listening sessions. I also went through another few tests, such as the 24 bit remastering of Smashing Pumpkins' "Geek U. For most of the range, response stays within +/- 5dB and since the curve is relatively smooth, the coloration introduced by HD 280 Pro is not severe. When mix engineers add a little bass thump to the mix, as many modern producers and engineers often do, the HD 280 Pro handles it beautifully—you hear and feel it, and yet it's never booming.

I can't comment on whether or not they sound better after being burned in though as I got my set already used so they had been burned in before I got them. The HD 280 Pro is Sennheiser's most significant closed, around-the-ear headphone to be introduced in years. In the treble range, occupied by sharp sounds like S and Ts, they achieve 30dB of isolation, which is good.There is also a newer variant of this model available, but we haven't currently tested it and don't know how it performs compared to our model. However, low-treble is lacking by about 2dB, which will have a small but negative effect on the detail of vocals and lead instruments. The right joint on my pair occasionally emits a creak, and I found a small scratch on one side of the headband that seemed like it happened during manufacturing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment