276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dark Rise: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Should this book have been 4 stars instead of 5? Honestly, yes. Do I care? No. Having said that, this review will contain a healthy dose of both praise and criticism. Pascat writes this book in a way that is extremely reminiscent of older, more traditional fantasy. With the golden hero going on a journey of self discovery before saving the day, but thanks to the absolute bombs she drops throughout, this story becomes completely her own. I said it before and I’ll say it again, this book is bonkers. There were so many points when I thought I had the story down, I could see where it was going and felt comfortable in my assumption, and then Pascat would throw a pitch from left-field and completely upend my theory. But these weren’t spur of the moment twists that seemingly come out of nowhere, rather the so well woven into the plot ones that make you do a massive face palm wondering how you didn’t see it coming, and boy did I enjoy each and every one.

Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane: Cillian Murphy reprises his role from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. [43]

Ames, Jeff (January 6, 2021). "Michael Jai White Reveals Original Plans for Gambol in The Dark Knight". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on April 13, 2021 . Retrieved January 18, 2023. Finke, Nikke (July 6, 2012). " 'The Dark Knight Rises' Doesn't For Media". Deadline Hollywood . Retrieved July 7, 2012. a b Filipponi, Pietro (February 21, 2011). "Tom Hardy Wants To Gain 30 Pounds, Says No To Mask For Bane in the Dark Knight Rises". The Daily Blam!. Archived from the original on February 25, 2011 . Retrieved July 13, 2011.

The Dark Knight's style rises!". GQ. March 6, 2012. Archived from the original on March 9, 2012 . Retrieved March 14, 2012. a b Jensen, Jeff (April 19, 2011). " 'The Dark Knight Rises' officially adds Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt to cast". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved August 10, 2011. At the American International Toy Fair, Mattel unveiled figures for Batman, Bane, Catwoman, and Batman's flying vehicle, the Bat. The Mattel figures were also released in the "Movie Masters" line, featuring more highly detailed and articulated presentation, and Quiktek versions that feature interchangeable accessories. Lego released building sets and mini-figures based on the film and incorporating other DC Comic characters. Additionally, Funko released a series of plush toys, Mezco Toyz released vinyl figures, and Hornby released the Batman Tumbler car. [155] Other partners include Jakks Pacific, who created novelty and large-scale figures and plush toys, [156] and PPW Toys, who created a Batman themed Mr. Potato Head. [157] Various clothing items including shoes, T-shirts, hats and wallets were also produced. [158] The Pittsburgh leg of production wrapped after three weeks on August 21, 2011. [99] The next portion of the filming began in Los Angeles in late August and finished up on October 23 after nine weeks of filming. New York and New Jersey were the next places of filming. The Trump Tower replaced the Richard J. Daley Center as the location for the headquarters of Wayne Enterprises. [100] In November 2011, shooting shifted to Newark, New Jersey. [101] [102] Newark City Hall and Military Park were among the locations used for filming. [103] Other shooting locations include London and Glasgow, the latter of which was used for "additional exterior filming". [104] Principal photography concluded on November 14, 2011. [105] The external waterfall scene at the end of the film was shot at Sgwd Henrhyd falls, on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales. [106]Dark Rise is the first book in a thrilling new YA fantasy series from bestselling Australian author CS Pacat. I wanted to like this book so much more than I did; the premise seemed promising, if tropey, and there were interesting parts: decent worldbuilding, nice depiction of 19th century London, the idea of an old world of magic clinging on in bits and pieces. But I didn’t find the characters very engaging and had trouble caring about them. The pacing was off, so the big twists at the end didn’t have the intended payoff emotionally and plot wise. And worst of all, the writing was so repetitive. I had to speed it up because otherwise it was excruciating to have the same things reiterated over and over (and there were many times I said aloud “yes we know this you’ve said it several times already”). The book really needed some tightening up so as not to get bogged down with repetition, and those extra words could have gone to more solid character and relationship development. It ended on a cliffhanger but I’m not frothing at the mouth for the sequel. Lee, Ann (June 16, 2011). "The Dark Knight Rises: Liam Neeson spotted filming in London". Metro. Archived from the original on October 17, 2012 . Retrieved July 15, 2011. Dark Knight Rises' Viral Campaign To Unveil New Trailer". MTV. April 30, 2012 . Retrieved April 30, 2012. Daniel Sunjata as Mark Jones, a U.S. Special Ops officer who leads a task force into Gotham to assist Gordon and the GCPD in freeing the city from Bane's rule. [30] [39]

In this stunning new fantasy novel from international best-selling author C. S. Pacat, heroes and villains of a long-forgotten war are reborn and begin to draw new battle lines. This epic fantasy with high-stakes romance will sit perfectly on shelves next to beloved fantasy novels like the Infernal Devices series, the Shadow and Bone trilogy, and the Red Queen series. a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p "The Dark Knight Rises Production Notes (PDF)" (PDF). Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 6, 2012 . Retrieved September 1, 2012. dead in Aurora movie theater shooting". 9News.com. July 20, 2012. Archived from the original on December 6, 2012 . Retrieved July 20, 2012. Blencowe, Annette (July 20, 2012). "Batman-elokuvan nettikampanja keskeytettiin Suomessa"[Batman movie online campaign was suspended in Finland]. Yle.fi (in Finnish) . Retrieved July 20, 2012. Vary, Adam (December 9, 2011). "Christopher Nolan on 'The Dark Knight Rises' IMAX prologue: 'You want to be thrown into a situation that takes your breath away' ". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved December 9, 2011.On July 20, 2012, during a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises at the Century16 cinema in Aurora, Colorado, a gunman wearing a gas mask opened fire inside the theater, [179] killing 12 people and injuring 58 others. [180] [181] Police responding to the shooting apprehended a suspect later identified as 24-year-old James Eagan Holmes [182] shortly after arriving on the scene. [183] Initial reports stated that Holmes identified himself as "the Joker" at the time of his arrest, although this has been debunked. [184] [185] a b Davis, Stephen Spencer (July 13, 2011). "Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Leaks Online". Slate . Retrieved July 25, 2011. Lussier, Germain (May 20, 2011). "First Look: Tom Hardy As Bane From 'The Dark Knight Rises' ". /Film . Retrieved July 13, 2011.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment