276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Freckles: The gripping and emotional Sunday Times top ten bestseller from million-copy bestselling author Cecelia Ahern: The uplifting and emotional ... million-copy bestselling author Cecelia Ahern

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jarlath Regan (20 December 2015). "Cecelia Ahern". An Irishman Abroad (Podcast) (118ed.). SoundCloud . Retrieved 21 December 2015. I think the narrator of the audiobook was absolutely perfect for playing Allegra Bird. Her voice was so lovely to listen to, who doesn't love an Irish accent. But she also managed to get the humour down, she was so funny.

Cecelia Ahern, centre, with Lisa Kudrow and Hilary Swank, who both starred in the movie of Ahern’s book PS I Love You, in 2012. Photograph: Richard Corkery/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images A: It intrigued and bothered me at the time that my age was so heavily focused on. I felt like a mature adult that had experience of the world but this seemed to confuse critics at the time. I look at twenty one year olds now and I’m surprised at what I achieved so young, but it does remind me to also not treat twenty-one year olds as though they are vacuous and inexperienced. I think that as people get older they can forget the depth of their thoughts and experiences at a younger age. What if the people who have the power to change your life are the ones who have been there all along... This sets Allegra off on a journey to find out who those five people are and to shape her list to help improve herself. She is a great character and you enjoy spending time with her as she goes on this journey, which involves laughter, embarrassment, tears and a discovery about who she is and what she wants out of life. There was a great ending to this excellent book, which I thoroughly recommend. I struggled with the plot most of the way through. At first, I felt engaged with this small town, her life as a traffic warden and the strict routine of the day, but it lost its shine with repetitiveness. By half way, the pace was slow and I'd lost interest. I didn't feel much by the culmination.

BookBliss

Q: Our magazine’s main audience and submissions comes from young aspiring writers. What advice would you give to those that are finding this change restrictive to their writing? Cecilia Ahern is truly a gifted writer, who would have thought a beautiful book such as this could have been woven from a business driven motivational quote. First of all, I can’t read an Ahern book without wanting to visit Ireland. She brings the towns and cities to life; creating such interesting characters that I want to walk down the street and meet for myself. I certainly feel myself immersed in the worlds she creates. A: I think that they’ve been adapted because of the writing style. My writing is very visual, when I’m writing, I see the scene, it’s like I’m watching a film in my head and then I write what I see. My novels are also largely high concept with premises that have a strong hook which appeals to film and tv producers. I have never written a book specifically for it to be a TV show or film because I think that would destroy the integrity of the novel being a novel. However when I wrote ROAR, my first collection of short stories, I wanted to bring them to TV immediately before they were even published. They’re a peculiar whimsical collection quite different to my novels, they’re very visual and I didn’t think my publishers would want to publish them so I was focusing on bringing them to TV. They got TV’s attention and then the publishers wanted to publish. In a Nutshell: This was a very nice read, better than I had expected. Kinda slow, but with memorable lead characters.

Her legacy from her mother is more complicated - until one question from a stranger inspires a change. What if it isn't about fitting in, but finding the people who make you who you are? Who would those people be?

Featured Reviews

For fans of Eleanor Oliphant and other novels with a quirky lead character just trying to find her way in life. It’s not perfect by all means; it’s a little bit predictable in places, but then I can’t think how else I would have wanted it to end if it wasn’t. I also wish we could have learnt a little more about some characters, but it didn’t matter so much, there was just something about it that I thoroughly enjoyed. At the same time she’s grappling with her eccentric landlords, unusual part-time job and keeps running into Tristan who’s trying to atone for his initial behaviour.

Her second book, Where Rainbows End (U.S. Love, Rosie), also reached number 1 in Ireland and the UK, and won the German CORINE Award in 2005. [9] It was adapted as a motion picture titled Love, Rosie which was released in 2014, directed by Christian Ditter and starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin. Allegra is raised by her pops as she has never known her mother, she wants to become a member of the Irish police but fails, subsequently, she moves away from her home to seek alternative employment. So when a stranger tells her she’s the sum of five people – the five people she spends the most time with – she’s suddenly no longer seeking one person. She’s looking for five. Het verhaal dat je aan de zijde van Allegra beleeft. Doordat Allegra je aan de hand meeneemt, leer je haar goed kennen. Allegra wordt levensecht neergezet. Ze is niet perfect en dat weet ze. Je voelt haar emoties én ze wordt je vriendin. Allegra werd míjn vriendin.I can honestly say listening to the audio version of this book left me in such a better mood. Cecelia Ahern has a great way of writing romance, with a huge slice of humour. It's one of those books that you enjoy every second of and find yourself smiling your way through, with some real laugh out loud moments too. Deze belediging komt heel hard aan en vormt de start van een zoektocht. Want wie zijn de vijf belangrijkste mensen in haar leven en welke invloed hebben zij op haar? Heeft zij die vijf mensen wel, met wie brengt ze de meeste tijd door? En hoe kan zij gelukkig(er) worden door zich te omringen met de juiste mensen? Kun je kiezen wie je maken tot wie je bent, en zo wie je zelf bent? Ze zal haar bestaande relaties moeten evalueren en ze gaat op zoek naar nieuwe connecties. Als ik ernaar kijk hoor ik de vogeltjes fluiten en ruik ik de geur van verse bloemen. Dit boek oppakken, voelde voor mij als een feestje. She and her books have won numerous awards, including the Irish Book Award for Popular Fiction for The Year I Met You. She has published several novels and contributed a number of short stories to various anthologies. Ahern also created and produced the ABC comedy Samantha Who? starring Christina Applegate.

I adore characters who struggle socially as they tend to be sensitive, clever and capable of teaching me, the reader, so much more about life and myself. That is when her journey really begins. And in true Allegra Bird style, the road is pretty turbulent along the way. Met het schaamrood op mijn wangen moet ik bekennen dat de boeken van Cecelia Ahern, tot een week geleden, een compleet mysterie voor mij waren. De schoonheid van haar verhalen, was voor mij onbekend. En daar heb ik spijt van. Spijt dat ik niet eerder een boek van Cecelia opgepakt heb.

She’s certainly irascible but Ahern’s given her layer upon layer. Despite her rigidity for example, she’s unpredictable and full of surprises. Whether what happens would have happened anyway we don’t know, but Allegra is confronted by the idea that she really doesn’t have ‘five people’ so decides to find inspirational people to connect with (and rub off on her obvs). At twenty-one I was emotionally intelligent and not a child, but there was a lot about the publishing industry that I didn’t know or understand. I’m not sure that I would change anything because that journey was important but I think I got swept along in the work and left a little of my life behind. I have a strong work ethic and I think being the way I was, helped me to build the career that I have but I could and should have taken care of myself a little better. I also should have asked more questions and spoke up more. But I’d still tell myself the same thing now. Zijn woorden kwamen net als het paard van Troje onschuldig over mijn grenzen, en toen bam, bedrogen, alle troepen sprongen eruit, raakten me hard, achter elkaar door, regen me steeds weer en weer en weer aan hun speer.'

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment