276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OneUp Components Flat AL Mountain Bike Pedals

£93.315£186.63Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mobility can be important as you might drop a foot into a corner or put a foot down quickly at the top of a sketchy roll-in.

Pedals - OneUp Components UK

Heel down, heel up or pedaling out of saddle, the pedals always provided reliable and predictable grip.That said, two hours into a long ride, we found these pedals required a little more attention than the grippiest competitors. I tried the plastic Forte pedals that everyone loves so much and could never get used to the axle under the ball of my foot. Plastic" pedals are nothing new, but they took some time to gain a foothold in the mountain bike scene.

OneUp Composite flat pedal review - Mountain Bike Reviews Forum OneUp Composite flat pedal review - Mountain Bike Reviews Forum

The aluminum OneUp pedal is, however, undeniably easy to rebuild: You open the thing up with a cassette lock-ring tool and playing around with the bearings every season is a snap.

When a pedal spins too freely on the axle, it can accidentally spin too much if you pull your foot off the pedal leading to poor pedal positioning when it's time to put the foot back on. Certainly there’s a stronger bond between man (or woman) and machine than you get with the Crank Brothers Stamp 3, but it’s still not a match for our favourite flat du jour – the eminently concave Nukeproof Horizon. We slipped pedals quite easily as we worked up awkward sections of the trail and cranked over flat trail littered with roots and rocks. Having ridden on Nanos for a week in the UK I was keen to get some, but the postage on a pair of GBP50 pedals was GBP90! However, cast your net a little wider, and you can have the superb, and appreciably more tenacious Nukeproof Horizon for the same, if not less, cash.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment