276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kali Audio LP-6 2nd Wave loudspeaker, studio monitor (active near-field monitor, loudspeaker with waveguide technology, bass reflex system, thanks to amplifier module hardly any inherent noise), Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you're switching from passive to these active speakers, there will be a significant volume reduction but I'll take clarity over power. Place your subwoofer in your listening position, and slowly crawl around the room while the subwoofer plays a track that is familiar to you.

Because I'm dealing with lots of explosions, gunfire and horror-type sound fx, I opted for KALI because of the larger woofer. The LPs have always been praised for their accuracy, and we’re pleased to share that the 2nd Wave versions realize slight but noticeable improvements in that regard, particularly on the top end. The 38% rule says that in a rectangular room, on paper, the best listening position is 38% of the way into the room from the shortest wall. This gives the speakers a more natural, lifelike feel that exposes more of the detail of the material that you?Even if my space is not properly optimized, as it is a temporary rent (yeah, no significant mods allowed :(( ), I still manage to mix and master decently. Please give us the reason for your assessment in the following text box and – if possible – your e-mail address for further questions.

Kali’s team did their Boundary EQ tuning at The Village Studios in Los Angeles, and came up with boundary compensation EQ settings to help you get the optimum sound for where you need to put your speakers. This is a useful starting point, but many users find that angling the speakers slightly out so that the third vertex of the triangle is a foot or so behind the head of the listener will render a better stereo image. Your distance from the wall will vary depending on your room size, but a good reference is the 38% rule by acclaimed studio designer Wes Lachot.The PreSonus monitors are good, and they were what I could afford at the time, but the Kali's are so much more accurate I was astounded. The 3-D Imaging Waveguide allows you to hear a 3-D soundstage from a stereo pair of speakers, so you will have to purcahse an additional monitor so you have two to use the Waveguide. Early Reflections Directivity Index (EPDI): is defined as the difference between the listening window curve and the early reflections curve.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment