276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Endgame: The final book in the groundbreaking series, Noughts & Crosses (Noughts and Crosses 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rebecca Dowd: Vanessa Dowd's daughter. She is a rich Cross who makes her money from drugs, illegal shipments and more. She briefly dates Tobey after falling in love with him but is killed by Alex McAuley, the Dowd family's archenemy. She is very lonely and Tobey loves her, unlike other boys, for reasons other than her family and her money. However, Tobey remains in love with Callie Rose. Lastly the book was not finished. It ended with 'To be concluded', which annoyed me, as I read an entire book for nothing, as nothing was resolved. This splitting of the book into two only made me feel more that this was a cashgrab, as well as the fact that is was published 11 years after Double Cross. Endgame was a highly intense and emotional book that involved a lot of gun violence, murder, grief, and kidnapping. So, if heavy topic’s aint’ your jam and sweetened cream; then I wouldn’t recommend you dive to deep into this one, or maybe do and use it as a learning curb, your call! I couldn’t really understand some of the characters - especially Tobey, I really couldn’t keep up with his ever-changing thought patterns and attitude. I had no idea wether to be rooting for him or not. Maybe he was meant to morally grey and troubled but, honestly, he just annoyed me. Her mother and father wanted her to experience all the advantages they never had; a quality she reflected in the characters of Callum and Sephy, who see their child Callie as a symbol of Albion’s potential. “They pour all their hopes for the future into Callie, which is what I think my mum and dad did. Their thing was all about education, education, education. It was the key to open any door. And I still believe that. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if it hadn’t been for my love of books when I was a child.”

The Amazing Adventures of Girl Wonder (illustrated by Lis Toft), Barn Owl Books, 2003, ISBN 1-903015-27-8 Add to that the 82 rejections before you started. What do those numbers say about your personality?Eva Foxton: An old nurse who becomes a mother figure for Dan, eventually succeeding him as the leader of his gang, the Outfit. The Monster Crisp-Guzzler (illustrated by Sami Sweeten), Corgi Children's, 2002, ISBN 0-552-54783-2 The Deadly Dare Mysteries (contents: Deadly Dare, 1995, Computer Ghost, 1997, Lie Detectives , 1998; illustrated by Neil Chapman), Corgi Children's, 2005, ISBN 0-552-55353-0 There were ten seats at Dan's dinner party the night he was killed and each guest had their own reasons for wishing him dead. When reading the final book of a series, it’s always really hard knowing that it is the end. I knew there were lots of loose ends deliberately laid throughout the series that would have to be tied together in Endgame, even if I really didn’t want it to happen! This made Endgame so heart-wrenching to read – I was not prepared for all the emotions that would come with the end of this incredible series.

Years have passed since relationships between Crosses and Noughts were forbidden, but the secret, life-changing love story of Sephy Hadley and Callum McGregor has never been forgotten.While Callie Rose is in hospital, Tobey gets a new job at the Dowds' restaurant. He meets Rebecca, Vanessa Dowd's daughter. Rebecca enjoys his company as he treats her like a person, unlike the other boys who are interested only in her family and money. Tobey eventually goes out with her but is conflicted between her and Callie Rose. Meggie McGregor: Supporting character in all books. Callum's mother, who had been Sephy's nanny until Jasmine fired her. She convinces Sephy to move in with her and is very close to Callie Rose. However, a threat to call social services about Callie Rose estranges Sephy from her. Minerva "Minnie" Hadley: Sephy's older sister; she and Sephy are not very close, as Minnie is often shown to be quite selfish. She marries an affluent Cross, Zuri, and they have a son, Taj. What I do love most about Endgame is each character has their own story to tell that evenly winds in well with one another, it isn’t solely centred around one character and their journey. This gives you a variety of characters to love and urgently want to protect as you watch them go through their twisted path of life.

Callie Rose wakes from her coma and finds out that Jude was indeed killed by the bomb. However, she also discovers that Tobey is now dating Rebecca, as she had been in a coma for so long. Tied into this story are the characters of Libby and Troy. Libby has lived her life surrounded by hatred and contempt. She gets some rather unexpected news, but isn’t prepared for what that brings. Troy is Callie’s much younger brother. His family links also place him in danger. When the two students are kidnapped we can’t help but wonder how much family ties will bind people to a decision.Jarvis Burton: Dan's second-in-command, who, after his death, wages civil war on Eva, before replacing her as leader of the Outfit. Sephy - now in her fifties, with her first marriage gone, Sephy enters her relationship with Sonny. Sephy is still the character that we first loved reading about and it’s nice to see her relatively happy in this book. Humming Through My Fingers" in the multi-author collection Shining On: A Collection of Stories in Aid of the Teen Cancer Trust, Picadilly Press, 2006, ISBN 1-85340-893-X Newcomers to Noughts and Crosses would be advised to start at the beginning as Endgame draws heavily on what has come before, not least the murder of gangster Dan Jeavons and the kidnapping of Troy and Libby.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment