276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR: A gripping psychological thriller from the no. 1 bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The plot is fantastic, nothing at all is clear-cut in this book and seriously the number of twists and reveals were bloody brilliant. It was like being slapped over and over again! I could go on and on about this book but all I can say is I loved it, I loved the journey, it had me on edge the whole time and I highly recommend to anyone looking for a read that hooks you and holds you. 5 stars! Keri Beevis is one of the few authors where I have successfully managed to read all of her releases. Each time, I have not been disappointed but this book, I think shows Beevis’s writing go to another level. Frequently I felt my heart-rate increase with the tension that Beevis creates in the narrative. It was a spooky, chilling, atmospheric read and I loved immersing myself in the story. I actually forced myself to slow down reading it, rather than consuming the book in one sitting, because I was enjoying it so much. If you have yet to sample any of this writer, this should certainly be your first choice.

I was crying when I fed her because I was sad about being fat and unattractive, and Cynthia—who is supposed to be a friend—had been flirting with my husband all evening. ” As Lana struggles to adjust to her new life in Paradise, she becomes convinced that her new neighbours are hiding something from her, something connected with the deaths of the family who lived in her house before she did, something that could put her own life in danger...

However, much as it grieves me to give this author whose books I usually like a lower rating than normal, I’m sorry to say that it starts to get too OTT and far-fetched for me to buy into especially the conclusion. Some characters are not sufficiently fleshed out and so it doesn’t feel authentic and especially latterly, some of the dialogue makes me wince. The actual ending is extremely abrupt, what are we meant to make of that? I never understood many of the scenes. I had to pause to make sure i remembered everything i had read previously and haven't missed out anything. But looks like it's the writer himself who might have missed out a lot. The concept, as a reader, seems quite promising. But it failed miserably. It could have been fabricated a little better. This is my second book from Christopher Ransom, 'The birthing house' had eventuated just the same. i felt like giving him a second chance because his writing style may be muddled but is pretty enticing too. Anne and husband Marco Contis are asked to their next door neighbors, Cynthia and husband Graham Stillwell for a dinner party, to celebrate Graham’s birthday. No” babies” allowed, so Anne hires a babysitter, who cancels at the last moment. Now what? How could she possibly go? Lana and Roman Wade are a young professional couples who have escaped unsafe and hectic London for a slower paced life in the idyllic Oxfordshire countryside. They move to an affluent area called "The Gardens" where the neighbours are friendly and tight-knit unlike in London. Whilst Roman relishes the move, Lana isn't so keen. There's something off about her neighbours and they seem to have secrets to hide... A young married couple flee the city for a little corner of paradise, exchanging their flat with all its unhappy memories for a small honey-coloured house among the rolling green hills of Oxfordshire.

the most terrifying, unforgettable novel you’ll read all year.’ This the cover and blurb oversold this book by double, not only was this book not terrifying, I found myself wanting to forget I’d even wasted the time reading it. ‘And what is hiding in the basement?’ SPOILER: It’s nothing.. Benjamin and his sister Virginia set off my creeper alarm almost immediately. Ellie meets Benjamin at the veterinarian’s office when she brings in the dog she hit with her car. T She is perfectly made up, even though someone had stolen her guests' baby while they were at her house late the night before.......” There's just no words really to describe how much I LOVED this book. Tony Parson has moved his way up to be one of my favourite authors, and if you read this book he will be one of yours too! The buildup is a little slow at first, but the atmosphere is very edgy and I admit I fell into the author’s clever trap, playing along with what appeared to be the usual child kidnap case, with the parents being suspected and all those delicious skeletons falling out of the closet. But, I never could have guessed how it would all play out.So many lies, betrayals and cover ups in this novel. How well do you know the people closest to you? Finishing this book last night, I was left musing about how I felt about the book. It was definitely addictive reading and kept me hooked. The parts which left me wondering, were, I felt, a little too far-fetched. There were some good plot twists such as Vince being Juno's brother and the neighbours turning out to be some sort of crazy cult preparing for the end of the world

I couldn't get into the plot ... it seemed to drone on and without much of a purpose, little excitement or thrills. I couldn't get into the characters .. I found them quite one-dimensional and boring and whilst I don't usually have a problem with suspending reality when reading thrillers, let's face it if you can't do that in a fiction book when can you, but this was just a tad OTT even for me and don't even get me started on the ending! No sé, me ha dejado una sonrisa en la boca. La autora ha jugado en varias ocasiones conmigo. Los personajes inestables siempre son un punto fuerte en este tipo de novelas, pero también lo son los que caminan por seguro. En este caso tenemos ambos, y sorprenden del mismo modo.

Select a format:

On top of that, lately it seems that something has been off with her husband. She's not sure if it's her imagination or something else. Is he keeping something from her? With that being said, this is a case of a highly readable story being tainted by the ridiculousness of it all. If you took away the frantic pace, I’m not sure where that would have left me. This wasn’t a story that focused on the depth of the characters or even really forging a connection with them. It was simply about unraveling the truth. Also no offense but I kind of resent the whole mental illness makes people violent thing especially when people try to involve DID (or MPD before DID was a thing). Like yeah people dissociate that's real but they're not going to do shit that they hadn't been thinking about or had in their heads to begin with. Anne unraveling to the point of murdering at the end just got on my nerves because it felt unnecessary and it's just a pet peeve when people's mental breakdowns or history of mental illness leads them to homicide and/or violence .

Ellie and Ash have moved into a country home in Norfolk, England! They are excited, in love, and taking a big step in their relationship! Soon Ellie befriends their next-door neighbor, or perhaps it is the other way around, perhaps it is Benjamin who has befriended Ellie. Whatever the case, he seems nice, quiet, normal and who doesn't want to have a friendly, helpful neighbor? Lana and Roman may seem like an attractive, popular couple. But they are also a couple with a secret; a secret buried in the life they have left behind, a secret they have shared with no-one. This book really did have all the makings of a good psychological thriller and left me uncertain of who to trust and what to believe. There are parallels to a certain classic horror/thriller film and while I did guess a couple of the main twists later in the book based on that there were still plenty of things I didn't see coming. My favourite character was Sandy, Lana’s photography mentor, whose loyalties and support were solid and unwavering. The house they moved to, in The Gardens, felt full of mystery and long-held secrets & mysteries. The ending left me thinking long after I finished.I couldn't have cared less what happened to any of them, their children, or their children's children. Great cover and simple yet alluring title which with my love of books dealing with houses and neighbours was a given to intrigue me A couple moved to an old house in the countryside. A cat paid them a visit one night. It belongs to the neighbor who lives behind them. Something sinister happened to that house a few years ago. The boyfriend has been keeping secrets from her. And the new neighbors are being too neighborly it seemed dubious.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment