276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Work Sharp WSKTS-KO-W Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition

£74.995£149.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With precision angle guides, variable speed control, and a wide range of sharpening options available, the Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener makes it simple for anyone to get an edge that’s razor-sharp. In this article, we’ll review in detail products What is Ken Onion Work Sharp and what does it do? Introduce Ken Onion. Yes, they can be used to sharpen hunting knives. With precision angle guides and variable speed control, it is easy to get a razor-sharp edge on your hunting knives. 9. What is the best way to clean the Work Sharp? To provide the products and services you have requested from Intelligink Pty Ltd trading as Knife Shop Australia The Precision Adjust sharpener is a vertical assembly that slots into a wide base for stability. The knob at the top turns a threaded rod which positions the guided rod assembly relative to the blade, and it allows for fine adjustments – while the Knife & Tool sharpener only gives you a choice between 20 and 25 degrees, the Precision Adjust has a range from 15°-30° (which actually beats the KME’s 17-30 spread), marked off in 1° increments so you can fine tune your edges exactly as you want them – the hash marks on the left obviously marking 5° increments, and the closer marks on the right showing 1° increments. This is adjusted just by turning the knob left or right and aligning the base with the markings.

Verdict: Once you’ve achieved a burr on your course belt, you’ll swap the belt out for the next higher grit – so if starting with coarse you’ll move to the medium (220 grit) belt. This belt sharpens the edge, so if you have a knife you’ve already sharpened before that just needs touching up normally you can start on this belt. This belt normally takes less time than the coarse belt since you’ve got less to do once the edge is already established, so a couple of passes on this one then a few alternating passes to even out the burr and you’re ready to switch to the fine belt. This 6000 grit is more of a polishing belt, so I found it worked best doing alternating passes until I’d achieved a finish I liked. The Beast" super coarse stone is not included, even in the Deluxe Kit. I feel it should be, at that price. The super fine stone and stropping stuff, I'd have no problem paying extra for, as the desire for a mirror edge is not practical, but just fun. Sharpeners are all a matter of preference on what technique you’re most comfortable with, and what style of sharpener you get the best results with. I’ve tried out a LOT of sharpeners over the years, my first being a basic Spyderco Tri-Angle Sharpmaker (that still gets regular use! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!) but most recently I tried out this Lansky Deluxe kitand several manual sharpeners from Work Sharp. I ended up really liking the Angle Set knife sharpener, mostly because it seemed like an upgrade to the concept of the old school Sharpmaker and I was able to get really good edges with it.But the nice folks at Work Sharp keep coming out with new products, so my cup runneth over with things to make knives sharp. I’ll be reviewing two of them today, both great products – but this is a study in using the right tool for the job, because both of these sharpeners are ideal for different types of sharpening. We’ll take a look at both and their competitors and give you a verdict on them as well as take a closer look at the different types of sharpening you might be doing. But First, A Little About Work Sharp

The best way to clean it is to remove the abrasive wheel and brush away any debris that has accumulated on it. You can also use a damp cloth to wipe down the body of the sharpener. 10. How often should I replace the abrasive wheel?

Ways to sharpen a convex edge

The Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition Knife and Tool Sharpener features an adjustable angle guide to nail any edge from 15-30. Sharpening your own knives is getting more and more popular. Sharpening a flat grind, scandi grind or hollow grind is done the same way. You hold the knife at a fixed angle and move the knife, in the same angle, alongside, for instance, a sharpening stone. As mentioned before, a convex edge has a curved blade. However, sharpening stones are flat, so how do you sharpen a round surface with a flat stone?

It is very versatile, with a wide range of sharpening options available to suit your needs. Manufacturers. Sharpening a convex edge, however, does change the finish of the blade. Especially when you sharpen on a coarse stone or belt you will see scratches on the blade. Because you sharpen the entire convex edge you will see these scratches on the entire blade. This does mean, however, that you can see if you have sharpened the entire blade. By increasing the grain size you can remove these scratches. However, only when you polish or strop the blade you will completely remove the scratches.

The Work Sharp Ken Onion edition

FWIW, I'm the one who sold this to Scott. I had just received a KME and I thought I was done with the WSKO. I have left my Spyderco Sharpmaker (w/ additional coarse diamond rods) and the KME deluxe set. (haven't gotten "The Beast" super coarse stone yet) They all have different uses; different strengths and weaknesses: Use a different type of abrasive. – Follow the instructions for setting the angle guide. – Use light pressure when sharpening your knives. It depends on how often you use your Work Sharp and what type of abrasive you are using. If you use it regularly, you will need to replace the abrasive wheel more often. However, if you only use it occasionally, you can probably get away with replacing it less often. Conclusion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment