276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus OM10 35mm Film SLR Camera with Olympus 50mm F/1.8 Zuiko Lens + Adaptor

£124.995£249.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV also has a variety of shooting modes, including AUTO, SCN (Scene), AP (Advanced Photo) and Art Filter. The AP mode brings challenging shooting techniques to a beginner’s level, such as panoramas, HDR and more. Meanwhile, the Art Filter mode includes a variety of filters that, while not particularly useful for more serious shooting situations, are great fun for families and friends to play around with. The electronic viewfinder's specs are also typical for this class. It's an OLED panel with 2.36 million dots, and 0.62X magnification. An eye sensor switches between the EVF and LCD automatically, or you can do so with a button press. Something very much appreciated is that the sensor is disabled when you pull the LCD away from the camera, so you don't accidentally trigger it during waist-level shooting. Memory card and battery It’s also quite lightweight making it easy to carry around, and hold in one hand. Like many cameras of the era, the shutter release button and film advance lever are close and in a position that allows you to take an exposure, advance on, take an exposure, advance on with one hand with ease. The same can be said for the shutter speed if you decide to go for the manual adapter route. The aperture control, of course, can be found on the lens you choose. The ISO dial next to the shutter release allows you to set the ISO, as well as exposure compensation too.

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 is the third camera in the company's OM-D range and represents another tier in the lineup - sitting below the E-M5 and the even more expensive E-M1. It uses the same 16 megapixel Four Thirds sensor as the E-M5, though doesn't offer that camera's weatherproofing. From the E-M1 it gets the latest TruePic VII image processor and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Clearly, the E-M10 leans on some highly capable genetics. The all-electronic feature of the OM-10 also meant you couldn’t use without batteries. However, it uses the LR44 or the AG13 button batteries, which are easy to find. Final Thoughts Something else you'll find in the Live Guide menu is photo tips, which gives you hints for taking various types of photos. It's mostly useful advice about composition and suggested settings, but it doesn't actually change any settings or direct you to the correct spot to adjust them. Just like its predecessor, the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is incredibly lightweight and compact. However, Olympus has managed to shave 27g off the Mark IV, making it even more portable. The trade-off with a light camera tends to come down to the body material used to construct it. The Mark IV is made out of plastic, compared to the metal body of more expensive cameras, such as the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III. The Olympus OM-10 is a 35mm single-lens reflex (SLR) film camera introduced by Olympus Corporation in 1979. It is one of the models in the OM-series of cameras, known for their compact and lightweight design. The OM-10 features a durable metal body construction, ensuring long-lasting performance.One guy told me that I could basically use more or less any flash, but if I was interested, he wanted to sell me the flash that originally came with the camera. He also had some extra lenses for sale. So, that's how I ended up buying a gorgeous 28 mm f/2.8 wide angle and a 100 mm f/2.8 telephoto for it! I didn't pay much for them, just around €60-70, I think. I didn't buy the flash since I wanted to use my Diana flash with it instead. I started with 35mm film cameras, and used the Olympus OM10 as my first camera in the late ’80s working as a freelance photojournalist and photographic editor for a university newspaper in South Africa. I eventually upgraded to a Minolta 7000i at the end of the ’80s, and then a couple of 9000s. after that, I used Nikon Fs, F2s, Nikkormats, and even the Nikonos IVA and V. I had a fully equipped darkroom, and did all my own developing and printing. I mostly shot Ilford XP2 for its wide exposure latitude and ability to be processed in 1 hour labs anywhere in the country, if the need arose.

The automatic white balance and metering systems give a good account of themselves, delivering the colours and exposures that you’d expect in any given situation. Olympus OM-D E-M10 II specifications What's new | How it compares | Body & handling | Image Quality | Autofocus | Video | Conclusion | Sample gallery | SpecificationsThis article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Our signal to noise test measures image clarity, specifically the ratio of the actual image 'data' you want to capture, versus the image noise that you don't want, but will inevitably be visible when shooting at higher ISO sensitivities.The higher the score at a given ISO sensitivity, the better. The kit zoom is fairly sharp even wide-open, especially towards both ends of its zoom range. The primes are both very sharp lenses, especially the 45mm F1.8. The selection of Micro Four Thirds lenses is broad, so whether you favor image quality, brightness, size and weight or affordability, there should be plenty of lenses to choose from at common focal lengths. The camera’s battery is rated to around 360 shots and under 30 minutes of video. This is typical for cameras in this class and at this price point. In use, we found it got us through a day of walking around, with it powering down into battery saver mode. OM System has already given us the latest version of the professional Olympus OM-1 in the form of the OM System OM-1, along with the semi-pro OM System OM-5. But the OM-10 was arguably the most beloved of the heritage Oly SLRs –so the inevitable OM System OM-10 is a fresh opportunity to take the principles that made the old film camera great and apply it to modern mirrorless technology.

The OM lens was designed to sit 46mm (measured from the lens mounting ring, or flange) from the film plane. The combination of on-lens aperture control and the generous ' flange focal distance' make OM lenses adaptable (with limited functionality) to a variety of other camera systems – including Canon EOS models – by using a mount-specific adapter. If you’re struggling to open your battery compartment it may be because somebody has left batteries inside it for too long and the batteries have leaked acid, in this case, it can be very hard to open your compartment. My advice would be to stop using the coin so that you don’t round the edges and try to find something that you can use which may have more leverage. Of course the E-M10 IV's Four Thirds sensor is rather smaller than the APS-C sensors in most of its rivals. In particular, those rivals will show an advantage as sensitivity rises, but this is somewhat offset by the Olympus' stabilizer; if you aren't shooting moving subjects, you can substantially slow your shutter speed (which can allow you to keep your ISO value lower) and get cleaner overall images.For starters, the OM-10 was lighter than any of its predecessors. At 606g, it was 100g lighter than the OM-2. This lightweight feature was mainly because most of the body was not metal.

The Olympus OM-10 is a 35mm film camera produced by Olympus Corporation from 1979 to 1987. It is a manual focus camera that features a lightweight and compact design, making it portable and convenient to carry around.An increase in megapixel count has the potential to increase image noise, as smaller pixels are usually less light-sensitive. However, Olympus has mostly managed to avoid this pitfall, as the E-M10 IV's images contain similarly low levels of image noise to those from the Mark III, and indeed the APS-C Fujifilm X-T200 for that matter. Sony's A6100 doesn't fare quite so well, with its images containing noticeably more noise at higher ISOs. Verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment