276°
Posted 20 hours ago

British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% abv , 50 cl,WHBCASS50

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After the maceration time, prepare the syrup: pour the sugar and water into a saucepan, add the lemon zest and heat without boiling. When the sugar is dissolved, turn it off, cool it, pour the liquid into the bowl with the currants, and mix.

Crème de cassis - Wikipedia

Top up the jar with any alcohol you have in the cupboard, ie Brandy, Whisky, Gin, Vodka, White rum etc etc. (I have used mead (given to us) Ouzo (from Greece) even Sherry if I had nothing else!!!).If you come to this recipe too late in the season, please do bookmark or pin the recipe for next year. I promise it’ll be worth the wait ;) It is advisable to use relatively large glass containers with airtight closure for this phase. It is also advisable to keep them in a calm and dark place. You can add some spice to the flavor, such as cloves or a vanilla bean, and use 90 ° alcohol or even lower alcoholic strengths. Maceration lasts about 2 months. How To Prepare Currants: Some Crush And Those Who Do Not!

British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15% British Cassis, (Blackcurrant liqueur) by White Heron, 15%

As with all liqueur making you must ensure that you decant your finished liqueur into sterilised bottles. Read my article on how to sterilise glassware before you start. I have been making Creme de Cassis for years (one of the best ways to use up the annual glut), using a variety of recipes – all based on vodka, though I finally settled on one similar to Jane’s. Here are my observations: If using frozen berries, I do not rinse them off – if they were not washed before, there is little or no ice. Michael Thomas, You can freeze some and add them to an apple pie etc. They have lost a lot of their flavour but it still works.While most recipes will have you add nearly equal parts fruit and sugar, I think that’s a bit over the top. This cassis recipe is plenty sweet but still allows you to taste the fruit.

Homemade Blackcurrant Cassis Recipe - The Hedgecombers

Hi Janie. Just finished bottling up a batch of cassis on Vancouver Island.we used 40percent cougar leakings and it is the cats meow.Marianski, Stanley; Marianski, Adam (September 2012). Home Production of Vodkas, Infusions & Liqueurs. Bookmagic LLC. p.265. ISBN 978-0-9836973-4-3. I used caster sugar, but you could also use granulated. It’ll just take a little longer to dissolve. When giving it as a gift, tell the recipients to sip, not chug – it is too good and too strong for chugging.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment