276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brightstorm: 1 (The Brightstorm Chronicles)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you're at all animal-obsessed like I am, then you'll appreciate Parthena, the hawk that belonged to Brightstorm's father, and the thought-wolves that are also discovered along their journey. It does seem a bit like a Golden Compass fan-fic at some points, with the sapient animal sidekicks, and the general aesthetic is trying to be steampunkish but falls a little flat in the unconvincing naming of things (i. Following the adventures of two twins, Arthur and Maudie Brightstorm, the adventure begins with the news that their explorer father has died whilst trying to reach the South Pole.

Working together, they find a new group of friends who carry them away in a wonderful sky ship over dangerous lands. Due to societal norms, most of the time the boy is the intellectual, engineer one and the girl is the more dreamy, book nerd. It has the feel of a traditional tale of 'derring do' with lots of good versus evil - bandits, crooked explorers, kings, and my personal favourite, thought wolves - who are all trying to help or deter the twins in their quest. Arthur and Maudie are twins who are suddenly left to fend for themselves and I found their journey to be such a compelling one, filled with some heartbreaking moments, but also filled with sense of finding oneself and one's place in the world. I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books.It seems like he is lost to dreams while Maude demonstrates outstanding mechanical engineering skills.

He is portrayed as a vulnerable character who is worried about not fitting in and is really unsure of his purpose. Brightstorm is everything a proper children’s adventure story should be: it’s exciting, funny and surprising, and stars two young people who show real courage, loyalty and resilience. Now, if you like exciting novels that tell it like it is, feature dark overtones that blur the lines between what’s right and wrong—maybe skip this.Après avoir quitté l'enseignement pour se consacrer davantage à l'écriture, elle devient conceptrice-rédactrice et cadre dans le marketing numérique. However, Maudie and Arthur Brightstorm do not believe the story heard before the Geographical Society of their father’s disappearance in the South Polaris. The action is fast paced without feeling frivolous and the dialogue was such that she could truly imagine it being a real conversation. Arthur and Maudie Brightstorm are devastated to learn that their famous explorer father has died in a failed attempt to reach South Polaris, the southernmost point in the world. Reminiscent of The Series of Unfortunate Events, these twins find themselves in one precarious situation after another as they try to prove their father’s innocence and redeem the Brightstorm name.

Our team is made up of book lovers who are dedicated to sourcing and providing the best books for kids.

William is a 12-year-old boy living under mysterious circumstances, hiding out in Norway with his strangely enigmatic parents who don't seem to be giving him anything like the full story. Le frère et la sœur sont déterminés à accompagner Harriet Coriander et son équipage dans une course folle qui les mènerait sur les traces de leur père.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment